03 - sunrise

Annabelle

His hand was clutching my chest and I was already starting to tremble, otherwise I was completely rigid and couldn't move, let alone say anything. Next to my ear I heard a hoarse, rough laugh.

"Oh Annabelle sweetheart."

He slowly released his grip, but only to move down my side to my hip. My shirt had slipped up a little at this point and his hand hit my bare skin. I squeezed my eyes shut in a panic and prayed that none of this was real. I just hoped it would end. 

But after a short while his hand wandered further down to my thigh. My breathing quickened and my heart also began to race.

Panicked, I woke up from my sleep and looked at my heart rate monitor, which showed a value that was too high. Beside me, George stirred and rubbed his eyes tiredly. However, when he saw me sitting up in bed, he was wide awake and got up too. 

My rapid breathing and the occasional tears that came from my eyes signaled to him what was going on and he immediately took me in his arms. Until now we had slept at a sufficient distance, as I preferred it, but now his touch calmed me down quite a bit. However, the panic was still there.

"Where are your pills?" George asked worriedly, brushing a sweaty strand of hair from my face.

I nodded towards the kitchen and he slowly stood up and held out his hand, unsure if I wanted to come with him or wait here. However, I definitely didn't want to be alone and gladly accepted his offer. 

On somewhat shaky legs, I followed George into the kitchen and he immediately handed me a glass of water. What did I do to deserve a man like him? He stroked my back carefully and reassuringly.

"You are very sweaty, do you want to change?"

I nodded silently and before he disappeared towards the bedroom, I mumbled a "Sorry for your shirt," which he waved away with a small smile.

I carefully took another sip of water while sitting on the bar stool before pulling my shirt over my head. Still half panicked and distracted, I didn't realize that I was sitting in my kitchen almost naked. George also seemed surprised, stopping in surprise as he saw me sitting there. 

But at the moment I didn't care about anything, my whole body, my whole self. I felt like shit and didn't care about anything.

"Uh, here's your new shirt," George stammered, covering his eyes with one hand and holding out one of his shirts to me with the other.

"You can look, it's not like you've never seen me naked," I said indifferently and put the fresh piece of clothing on myself, which still smelled of George, which I was very happy about at the moment.

George carefully removed his hand from his eyes and placed it on my hip, just like the other. I immediately jumped and thought about the dream. He understood immediately and broke away from me again.

"Do you want to eat something? After all, you didn't eat anything in the evening."

I nodded timidly and George opened the fridge and looked around. Benedikt had gone shopping before I was released, but there weren't many fresh things because I wasn't very hungry anyway and they would only go bad. 

However, George confidently took the milk out of the fridge and then asked me where my oatmeal and such were. I quickly told him this before resting my tired head on the bar top. 

Yesterday I went straight to sleep after taking a bath, but my body was still completely exhausted. George had offered to sleep on the couch, but I think he had a race and needed to get a good night's sleep.