08 - chosen

Annabelle

The two kissed and thus sealed their marriage. The ceremony was beautiful and the wedding vows were very emotional, so much so that I even shed a tear or two. Lari and Tim looked proudly at their parents and had big smiles on their faces, but there were two people who were even happier, namely Benjy and his new wife. 

Amid loud applause and flowers being thrown, the couple walked through the rows towards the ballroom.

"It was beautiful," I enthused as George and I slowly stood up to follow the other guests.

"Yes, it was," he said and looked proudly at his brother before turning back to me, "Someone even got a little emotional in the end."

I looked at him in horror, even though I knew he was also on the verge of crying with emotion. The whole ceremony was just perfect and now George's humor and lightness, that was exactly what I needed in my life so that I no longer had to think about other things.

"Says the one who almost cried himself."

I gave him a cheeky wink as I stepped into the flower-covered aisle and linked arms with George. He pushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear and leaned down to it.

"No, no, I won't cry until we're both standing there in front and you're reading your vows."

I couldn't answer that and I couldn't look at him either because I was so excited after hearing those words and rockets were flying in my stomach. George said those words with such conviction that I was sure I would marry this man one day. 

At the moment it was far from being thought of, but the idea of one day standing there with him was no longer an illusion, but a clear image in the future. We got to the ballroom just in time as Benjy and his wife began their speech. 

The setting sun shone perfectly through the large windows and the two of them made a beautiful picture. Lari and Tim stood tensely with Alison and Steve to the side and also listened to the two of them. After everything was said, music began to play and the newly married couple began their first dance. 

Another emotional tear rolled down my cheek and this time George noticed it, so he pulled me even closer to him. After the first song had faded, the bride took her father and Benjy grabbed Lari and Tim while the other people also streamed onto the dance floor.

"Thank you for being here with me today," George whispered, pulling me even closer to him by my waist.

We slowly moved to the quiet song, my eyes locked on his. I've been lost in this green since day one and always wondered how someone could have such beautiful eyes. I felt George move closer to me, but placed his head to the side of mine so that our cheeks were touching. 

Sighing, I lingered like this for a few moments before I laid my head against his shoulder and breathed into his neck. George's hands moved from my waist to my lower back and he folded his arms behind me, pulling me even closer to him.

"I love you and I am sorry for all my mess."

I murmured these words quietly, but George heard them and gently stroked my hair.

"Stop darling. Don't think about this, not today."

Before I could respond or think about it for too long, the music changed and a faster song blared through the speakers. The dancing people slowly dispersed and while some went to the buffet and the tables, others congratulated the bride and groom. 

When the first well-wishers had disappeared, George and I went over to the two of them and my boyfriend gave his brother a hug before turning to the woman.