Chapter 15

After a while of traveling, Lance gently laid Adam down under a tree beside his wife and son. "Rest here; he may not remember me. I'll come back in a few moments okay." Lance said, kissing his wife's lips softly before he began to walk through the trees. Lance slowly walked up to a small cabin, walking to the door as he knocked softly. He stood there for a few moments, before he heard a snap behind him. He immediately turned around, looking at the person standing there with a bow; he put his hands in the air quickly to show he meant no harm.

"Miles, it's me.. It's Lance, please...my family needs your help." Lance said quickly, holding his hands up. The man stared at Lance for a moment looking him over before a smile crossed his face, and he dropped the bow. "Lance, it has been forever; how have you been?" Miles said, laughing softly as he gave his old friend a hug. Lance hugged him back softly, taking a deep breath as he pats his back. "It has been a little rough honestly; hey my family and I need a place to stay for the night." Lance started; he looked exhausted and in horrible pain. "Of course, come on where are they?" Miles asked, motioning to the cabin.

Lance motioned him to follow, leading Miles to his family. Once he got to his family, his family tensed up seeing the man that was so-called Lance's friend. "Lance, he is a vampire?" Lily said, holding Adam and Jason closer to her. "I should have mentioned that Lily meet my oldest and only friend Miles. Miles, this is my family." Lance said, motioning to Miles when he introduced them and then motioned to his family when he introduced Miles. "Hello everyone, what happened to this one?" Miles said walking to Adam looking at him, Lily instantly tensed up, holding Adam closer to herself.

Miles looked at him closely before glancing at Lance and hearing him speak. "I'll discuss that with you back at the cabin; come on, Lily, he is letting us stay with him for the night." Lily nodded nervously, standing up. Miles gently went to grab Adam from Lily till she glared at him, a growl coming from her throat. "Lily." Lance said. Lily stared her ground at the stranger, before sighing as she let him take her son. Lily stood up, helping Jason up as they all began to make their way to the cabin. Once inside the cabin, Miles took Adam to a room and laid him on the bed. He gently placed a hand on his forehead, quickly running to the kitchen. "What is wrong?" Lily asked quickly. "Your son; he is boiling! If we don't get his temperature down, he will die." Miles said, Lance quickly helped to sit Jason down, having his wife stay with Jason. Lily covered her face as tears stung at her eyes, hugging Jason tightly.

Lance quickly ran to the room with Miles; Miles had sitting on the ground a bucket of cold water as he began to dip the rags in the bucket, placing them along his face and arms. "Lance, what happened?" Miles asked, looking at his friend. "Have you ever seen a shifter become two animals, have more than one form?" Lance asked, sitting on the bed with Adam looking him over. "What? Is that why this kid is burning up? Lance that is not possible, I have never in my lifetime seen a shifter who could become more than their spirit animal." Miles said, motioning him out of the room so the boy could rest. Lance stood up, following him out of the room letting Miles close the door behind them. The two walked to the living room, looking at Lily who immediately stood up. Miles held his hands up defensively, looking at her. "He should be okay; we got some cool wraps on him." Miles said, pulling some chairs over for them to discuss everything.

"So, now for the four of us to sit and discuss everything. What happened, Lance do not say anything I want to hear their parts." Miles said sternly, looking at Jason and Lily. Lance took a seat on the chair beside Miles, crossing his arms. "In all honesty, it happened so fast, everything did....." Jason said, still trying to understand what had happened. Lily looked at Adam before her eyes fell to Miles. "He became a dragon....He, shifted into a fucking dragon." Lily said softly, a scoff coming from her as she placed her hand over her mouth.

"I still can't even process it." She added softly, looking to Lance for answers. "A dragon?" Miles asked looking at Lily, folding his hands together. "Yes...His body was on fire before he changed; it's almost like he was a completely different person..." Lily added, looking at Miles. "He was a huge fucking dragon, maybe about....15 foot." Lily added, looking at him. Miles crossed his arms, thinking about everything as he leaned back. "I am very old; never in my lifetime have I ever seen a shapeshifter or even heard of a shapeshifter shifting into multiple forms like this..And in all honesty, this puts your son in a lot of risk...Not only will the alpha want him now, also the king and queen. But thankfully, the royals want this war to end, so perhaps I can put in a good word for you and get you all in there safe...That way the shifters can't get to him."