Park Movies and Interviews

Diana's POV: 

It was 8pm on Saturday. We were going to the movies. Kalel, Anthony, Ian and me. We are going to see Shrek. Which is strange because I don't know in what movie theater they will play that movie. It's way past its movie theater times. Anthony grabbed his keys and was about to head out the door. 

"Don't forget the blankets. Try to be there at 8:30." He says to Ian. 

"Don't worry. Just get Kalel." Ian says, wearing just his jeans. Does he really have to be shirtless? I blush and look away. 

I'm confused. Blankets? You can't bring blankets into theaters. What kind of movie are we going to? Ian went to his room to finish changing. It's been a little awkward between Ian and me lately. I don't know why. Ever since that double date plan, it's been quieter between us. Hopefully I can change that. 

"Are you ready?" Ian asks me, holding 2 blankets under each arm. I stand up and nod my head. Grabbing my purse on the way. 

"What kind of theater are we going that requires blankets?" I say, walking in the direction of his car. He grabs my arm and stops me. 

"It's this way." He says. Motioning with his head to walk the other way. Letting go of my arm and walking on the sidewalk. 

Now I was really confused. There's no movie theaters remotely close that's walking distance. I just follow him right beside him. We walk in awkward silence. I didn't say anything until Ian broke the silence. 

"Penny for your thoughts." He says. 

"Is there something wrong?" I ask him. I truly wonder if I did something wrong. 

He looks surprised and taken aback by this question. He's confused too. 

"Why do you ask?" He asks me. 

"You seem different. Off. I just wanted to know if it was something I did." I ask quietly. I look down, feeling stupid for asking. It's none of my business. 

"Hey, absolutely not. You did nothing. I'm just...nervous about my interview for a magazine article on Monday." He says genuinely. He looks at me with a smile. 

"You sure?" I ask, just to be safe. 

"I'm sure." He says. Bumping into me on purpose. He laughs. "OOPS!" 

"That was on purpose!" I say, laughing. Bumping right back into him. 

We kept going on like that until we get to a park. Oh! It's a park theater. Cool! I should've expected it. I've always wanted to go to one of these things. We walk in together and search for Anthony and Kalel. We see them waving at us. They're in the far back. Good thing I brought my purse. It has my glasses in it. I can't really see far away, so I use them for only those reasons. I never liked wearing them. 

"Finally! The movie is about to start." Anthony says. 

"Hi Kalel." I say to her.  

"Hi Diana." She says back, smiling. 

"We walked here. So that could be the reason." I explain. 

"Okay." Anthony say. Grabbing a blanket from Ian and handing it to Kalel. Ian gives me the other blanket. Anthony stands up and walks away with Ian saying that they're grabbing drinks and popcorn. I sit down next to Kalel and start talking and joking around with her. 

"So I hear you have a date with Joven on Friday." She smiles. "And a date with Mari and me on Saturday." I laugh. She really knows how to make you laugh. 

"Yea, I do." I say with a smile on my face. "Ian is going with us. With your friend." My smile going down a little but not completely. 

"Yea, I heard." She says.