1- The Wine of the Grapevine

"Lisbon, it's over

"Lisbon, it's over. It's done. I just want you to know I'm okay. I'm gonna miss you."

"Dad..."

THREE YEARS EARLIER

First impressions are always important. And for Chase and I, it was VERY important. We needed these jobs. And I needed to find Jane.

We walked into the office, past the interrogation rooms and around to the squad room. We were greeted by a scrawny man. I recognized him. He was the CBI's director, Luther Wainwright.

"Emelia Harper, I presume?" the man asked.

"That's me," I shook the man's hand, "Luther Wainwright?"

"Yes ma'am,"

Chase cut in to the conversation.

"I'm Chase Smith." my partner shook Wainwright's hand.

"I assume you two are here for the introduction," Wainwright shook my partner's hand, "I will go get Lisbon and she will introduce you guys to her team."

As Wainwright walked away, Chase and I wandered our way into the breakroom. I looked along the walls and opened a cabinet, revealing  a bunch of tea.

I looked at Chase and gestured to the open cabinet.

"You want some?"

"Nah, I'm good. That's your thing."

I shrugged as I turned and grabbed a small box of tea.

"Good, because there's only one of these left."

"Emelia, that entire cabinet is filled with tea."

"Not this kind. This tea is French."

"Okay," Chase said, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, Chase," Kira walked in hurriedly, "we need some help."

"Okay," he said, looking at her, then turning his head back to me, "I'll be right back."

After Chase left, I started to make my tea. After a minute or so, someone walked in with a humored frustration in his eyes. He had a suit on and a blue teacup in his hand. Patrick. Jane.

When he noticed me, he paused and looked at me for a second.

"Ah," he said finally, placing his teacup on the counter and reaching out his hand, "you must be Emelia Harper,"

"Yes," I said,  "and you are?"

"Patrick Jane, so nice to meet you."

I shook his outstretched hand, "Nice to meet you, Patrick."

Jane examined me for a moment, and I could tell he was deducting who I was. He let go of my hand when the kettle went crazy.

"Oh, that's my tea," I said, turning to the counter to grab the water.

"What kind?" Jane asked, taking a sip from his own cup.

"This," I said, showing him the box.

"Ah yes, the best kind," Jane remarked, "because it's French."

"That's what I said," I laughed as I pulled the tea bag out of my cup and threw it in the trash.

"oh, I'm sorry, I have to go," Jane said, raising his glass slightly and walking away.

I raised my glass with a smile as Chase came back. 

"Does he suspect anything?" Chase whispered.

My smile dropped to a smirk, "not a thing."

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I hope you like the story so far! All feedback is appreciated!

Also the character cover the show the POV was an idea I got from venuswrits!