5-Honeycombs (Pt. 1)

I followed Cho to his desk and he picked up a CBI-stamped envelope

"This is our case," he stated abruptly, "A missing person in Walnut Grove. Her name is Clara Bow."

"The silent film star?" I asked.

"No," Cho said abruptly, "She's dead."

I looked at the map open on his desktop.

"That's 40 minutes South. That won't take long to do."

"Yeah, it's only," Cho looked at his watch, "3 PM. Hey, can you write down the address so we can get there?"

"Sure," I said, grabbing a pencil and a piece of paper. I looked at the address and started to write it down. I hit my phone, and the screen turned on, revealing texts from Chase and Emelia.

Tiger tiger.

I turned my phone off again as Jane walked in.

"Hey, Jane," I heard Van Pelt say, "how are Grace and Josh?"

"Causing problems," Jane replied.

"They're your kids, of course they are," Cho said. I kind of laughed.

"True," Jane said.

Van Pelt started to speak again, "Okay, so we're going to start our drive to San Diego, see you guys later."

"Your case is in San Diego?" Rigsby asked, "Our case is 20 minutes from here."

"I think Wainwright was trying to be nice to you," Cho said.

I kind of laughed as I heard footsteps recede.

"Where's your case?" Rigsby turned to Cho and I.

"Walnut Grove," Cho flipped a page on the case file, "Missing person case."

"That should be interesting." I could tell Rigsby was not good at small talk.

"It already is," Cho turned to me, "it says the sherif found a pool of honey near her last known whereabouts."

"Honey?" I asked, looking at the file, "Why would honey be there?"

"Well it says there's a honey farm nearby, maybe she ended up there?" Cho inquired.

"Or maybe the owners took her."

"Anyway, we should check it out. I'll get the keys, you grab the address.

I got up and grabbed the paper, then followed Cho out of the room. We passed Emelia, who was walking out of the breakroom to meet Jane.

"I think it's kind of odd Wainwright gave us the missing persons case of someone with your name, but traumatize them young, I guess."

Cho and I walked out to the elevator in silence after that.