2- The Indigo Amethyst

"I just don't understand why I can't-"

"Jesus Jane!" I gave him a sour look, "Wainwright already said-"

"I don't care what Wainwright said!"

"I'm right here," Wainwright had a mix of frustration and offense in his eyes.

"Shush." Jane said, swatting his hand toward Wainwright.

"I'm just saying that you're not known to have...legal methods...of catching criminals."

"Luther if I wanted you in this conversation, I'd be talking to you."

"Jane!" I snapped, "Stop!"

"Fine!" Jane swung his arms up dramatically, "I'm going to get some more tea."

"Please!" I said, shooing him out.

He stormed out of my office, slamming the door.

"What are we going to do about him?" Wainwright looked at me, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I don't know, but our best option is to keep him as far away from any of the team members as possible."

Wainwright went silent for a moment, and then Jane walked back in.

"I just talked to the girl in the breakroom with the red hair-"

"Why do we leave you unattended?" Wainwright threw up his hands in exasperation.

"Who's the girl with the red hair?" I looked at Wainwright, dreading the answer.

"The leader of our new team." I could hear the frustration in his voice.

"Oh my God, Jane." I put my head in my hands.

"Boss," Rigsby opened the door to my office.

"Yes?" I looked up at him.

"All the kids are out here. Should we start the decision-making?"

"Yes." Wainwright's voice responded instead of my own.

"Okay. I'll get Cho." Rigsby shut the door.

"Lisbon," Wainwright looked at me, "let's go. You," he pointed at Jane, "stay here."

Jane rolled his eyes and sat on my couch as Wainwright and I walked out of the office and into the main area.

The girl Jane said he talked to walked out of the breakroom with her partner.

"Where's Jane?" she asked Wainwright after she looked around for a moment.

"Uh, he won't be one of your mentors," I said, calmly.

"But there's five of us. And five of you," she looked at me in confusion, "plus, you don't want to give poor Rigsby more work than he has to, he's already struggling as a human, and the poor guy's probably gonna end up with Max. Does he really want more work?"

I looked at Rigsby, who was very offended, then at Wainwright, who was looking at the girl in confusion.

"Y'know what, Emelia?" Wainwright said finally, "fine."

I turned to face my office door and shouted.

"JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!"

Jane ran out with a big, stupid smile on his face.

"Let's get this started."

-------------------------------------

A/N

I hope you like it so far! Remember to vote!