one

Isaac

It's not easy hiding a significant part of you from those you love, but unfortunately that's the fate I've brought down on myself after not telling my friends my sexuality. In terms of my preference in partners you can say that I prefer spending my time with men, but if there is a woman I happen to like I wouldn't turn her down. That's what it was like with Allison, I truly loved that girl. She was the only one I told about my sexuality, and when she passed away, my secret passed on with her.

I miss my family in Beacon Hills. That's the reason I'm coming back from France. I need their support. Allison passing was really hard on me, she was such a light in my life and it's devastating living in a world without her in it. It's difficult dealing with such a loss on your own, and I realize now that it was a mistake to leave the only people that have ever cared about me.

There's one person whom I miss more than the others, and that reason is quite selfish of me, but it exists nonetheless. Scott McCall is a firecracker, he truly cared about me and showed me what it felt like to be loved. He loved me platonically, like I was the brother he never had. Whereas the love I felt for him was stronger and romantic. I fell in love with Scott McCall and it was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had knowing he could never love me the way I wanted him to as a straight man.

Despite the feelings of unrequited love, I cannot wait to see him today. Derek is picking me up from the airport, and he should be arriving any time now as we are close to landing, and once we drive back home I will be re-acquainted with my friends.

The plane was tight, cramped and smelled bad, the flight took longer than expected, but maybe that was just the anticipation of seeing my friends creeping its way inside of me. The thought that I was going to see Scott soon kept replying through my mind causing anxiety to rise until it reached the back of my throat.

I walked through customs and border security like a ghost floating through their daily motions, dragging my own suitcase containing all my worldly possessions across the floor behind me. Trying to find my exit terminal was another story though, it was essentially a maze in the airport. Looking at the signs on the walls is like reading a different language to me, I simply do it understand it. I'm going to be late for Derek to pick me up, I have resided myself to that fact. I can't even text him because my cell phone is dead.

Finally I collect my bearings enough and stumble into the correct terminal where Derek said he would meet me at 4:00pm sharp. Looking at the watch on my wrist I realize it's 4:13pm, and I see no sign of the alpha. The time keeps flying until it's 4:30pm and I hear a voice calling my name, but it's not connected to a body, until I feel a jolt against my back.

"Isaac! I'm so sorry I'm late, I thought Derek texted me 4:30, but then I looked and it said 4:30, and by then it was-"

"It's nice to see you too Scott, it was a nice surprise to see you, " I interrupted. Looking at the man in front of me and essentially sizing him up. I've only been away for a few months but he looks so different, so much more mature.

"Again, so sorry I'm late," Scott continued to apologize.

"It's no problem, I'm just glad to see you after all this time" I go on to say. I hope this doesn't produce a blush in my cheeks, although I think it may.

"Yeah Isaac, I've missed you too," Scott smiles, and that makes my heart flutter. "We've all missed you, everyone can't wait to see you," he continued, which caused my stomach to sink a bit more. But that's alright because I get to see my friends again.