nine

Isaac's Point of View

One thing that I never expected to be a reality was waking up to having Scott McCall's body strewn over mine. I mean I've had similar dreams to this, but I never thought it'd ever occur outside of my head.

I tried moving, and I quickly discovered that this was useless. Realizing that I wouldn't be able to get off the couch without waking up Scott. And I was not going to wake up Scott. That would be the most awkward encounter that I would ever have with him. Which would be saying a lot.

I just decided to wait it out, attempting to fall back asleep in this precarious position.

The second time I woke up and opened my eyes Scott was already awake, but he hadn't made any attempts to move off the couch as I had. He noticed my eyes crack open and smiled, which in turn got me to smile immediately.

"Hey Sunshine," Scott greeted.

"Sunshine?" I wondered aloud, pretty happy with the pet name.

"Because you're always smiling, and your hair looks so nice in the sun," Scott explained. Which was definitely unexpected, causing my cheeks to take on an unwelcome rosy tint.

"Are you blushing Isaac?" Scott laughed. This of course caused the blush on my cheeks to darken.

"No, of course not," I denied even though my lie was obvious. To cover my blush I sunk a bit lower into the couch, trying to get out of Scott's field of vision.

"Yes you are, and you look so cute right now," Scott complimented me, which came as a shock. This should not be happening. I should be getting over Scott, maybe find a new boy to fall for. I was not supposed to be falling even harder for this boy, who is oddly complimenting me out of the blue.

Scott sat upright, and I did as well so we sat facing each other on the couch. Scott leaned in close to me; I could feel his breath on my face.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, closing my eyes with my breath. In response, Scott brought his hand up to my hair and put his hand through it, then brought his fingertips to my face, tracing my jawline.

In the back of my head (the rational part) I knew I should move away. Before I could make the choice whether or not to move away Scott made it for me. Scott jumped back at such a fast speed I felt the wind from his movements.

"Hey guys," I heard a voice emerging from down the hall.

"Um, hi," I stammered out, turning my head to the approaching voice that was so clearly Derek.

He obviously didn't see anything, not that there was anything to see anyway. I should have heard him coming, one of my favourite things about being a werewolf is the heightened hearing and today that failed me. Probably due to the distraction of a very cute boy touching my face. Who also happened to be straight. Who also happened to be in a relationship, with a girl. So basically I am an idiot.

"Well, I think I'm going to go, it's almost 12 and I told Kira that I'd meet her for lunch," Scott stood up nonchalantly stretched and yawned, making his way to the exit. He was acting as if nothing happened. As if he wasn't just caressing my face. He's just going back to his girlfriend, I mean why wouldn't he though?

"Bye Isaac," Scott offered without even looking back at me.

"Bye Sc-" I was cut off by Scott shutting the door before I could finish saying his name. The audacity of this action made my mood shift immediately.

"Isaac, you okay?" Derek asked me, noticing this change.

"Yeah, just tired," I said, and this was true. I was tired in more ways than one.