five

Isaac

Moving across the booth to sit next to Scott probably wasn't the smartest move I could make. But it was a move I made nonetheless. Although I probably should've just passed him the menu. Now I can just tell that he knows. Well it looks like I've got to move back to France.

"I'm sorry I squished you, I'll go back. You look at the menu first," I tried to get out without rambling and avoiding eye contact. This was very hard with Scott's leg pressed up against mine in the cramped booth.

"Isaac, don't worry about it you're fine," Scott spoke first. As he uttered those words he rested his hand on my wrist to stop me from getting up, and let me tell you, it worked. Though noty without turning my face into a bright red blush no doubt. This is probably making him so uncomfortable, and he's just being polite to me.

"It's okay, I'll move" I replied

"Just finish looking at the menu first then you can move back," Scott reasoned, and I conceded uneasily. It's curious as to why Scott let me stay, and did not awkwardly ask me to leave the second I sat down next to him.

There isn't much selection in terms of food options on the menu, and judging from the smell emanating from the kitchen anything we order will be doused in grease. That won't be a problem for me though, I could eat a horse I'm so hungry. I settle with the safest bet.

"I'll just have a burger," I quickly spit out and bolt up from the seat and move to sit back across from Scott, a the while avoiding eye contact while Scott looked through the menu and occasionally threw a few glances my way.

A couple moments later a burly middle-aged man wearing a grease stained shirt sauntered over to us with a notepad in hand. Looking at his nametag I learned that his name was Kyle.

"What'll it be fellas?" Kyle asked, his voice sounding like he smoked two packs of cigarettes a day since birth.

"Two burgers with fries please," Scott ordered for both of us with a smile.

"Alright it'll be out soon," Kyle said, with what seemed to be a barely noticeable eye roll, and with that he walked back to the kitchen without so much as a smile.

"Was that guy giving us a weird look or was it just me?" I wondered aloud to Scott.

"You're right, there's definitely something up with that guy" he stated, "maybe he just had a bad day," Scott finished with a shrug.

When Kyle told us that our food would be out soon, he meant it. The plates arrived at our table within minutes and I couldn't be happier. My stomach was growling at the table with the food sitting in front of me. Kyle places the food in front of us with the same look on his face, then rushes back off somewhere else, out of my sight. Which was fine enough by me, the faster he was gone the faster I could eat.

"Isaac have you tried it yet?" Scott asked with disgust, lacing his tone and food stuffed in his cheeks

"No, it looks good though," I replied, scanning my eyes over the plate. Raring to grad the sandwich in my hands.

"Well it's not, everything is cold." Scott told me, looking a bit irritated. I tasted my food as well and sure enough it was cold just as Scott said. I truly couldn't care less about the temperature of the food I was about to inhale, but if Scott did, then that's fine by me I wouldn't argue.

"I'm going to go find the waiter," he announced, and he went to a set of double doors that flip open like the typical kind they have at diners and knocked on it. Kyle came through the doors looking annoyed with his eyes rolling back in his head.

"What?" Kyle grumbled, walking over to our table.

"Our food is-" Scott started to explain, before being cut-off by the server.

"I don't care what your food is, I'm just covering a shift for my sister. Why would you take your boyfriend on date here anyways anyways, the food here is awful you f*gs!" Kyle (our newly exposed to be homophobic waiter) basically yelled in Scott's face. The shock on both of our faces must have been paramount, this was the last thing I expected to happen at this diner. He called us boyfriends, this meal is just getting worse and worse.

"What did you just call my boyfriend and I?" Scott replied, fuming with anger. Wait, did he just call me his boyfriend, tonight just keeps getting weirder by the minute.

"You heard me you f*g!" Kyle basically screamed. Scott replied by punching him square in the jaw, knocking him to the ground. That's what being hit by an alpha must feel like. A pain I hope to never learn.

"Listen to me. Do not call anyone that ever again you idiot," Scott shouted at him over his slumped form, while holding him by the collar. "Isaac, let's go,"

I'm still in utter shock by what just happened by the time Scott grabs my hand and leads me out the door of the diner that I fail to comprehend that he is holding my hand.