[2]

Waking up is one of the worst things I can ever experience.

The calmness that sleep gets you, how tranquille you are in the state of relaxation is something irreplacable; something that I can't place anything higher.

My eyes got blinded by a small strip of sunlight beaming through my blinds, groaning and rolling over before I heard a knocking banging at my door.

"No...go away..." I mutter loudly, muffled by the blanket and pillows I try to cocoon myself with. But the knocking only got louder followed by a voice.

"Y/N I swear if you don't get out of that god damn bed I'll kick this door down." the sound of my father's voice echoes across the room as my eyes squint open and I groan once more. My feet slip out of the warm duvet and I sit up, stretching my back and mumbling before another loud set of knocks ripples through my room.

"Y/N."

"Yes? Yes, I am up. Yes, yes." I yawn and stand up slowly, eyes droopy and, with a terrible posture, walk over to the door to open it and see my dad standing outside in his military uniform.

"Did I not tell you yesterday to be up early and ready to go meet our new partners?"

My eyes widen. Oh fuck, he did.

"Ah, shit. Okay- okay I'll do it now quickly-"

I stammer and shut the door in a hurry, quickly running to the bathroom and cleaning myself up before running back to the wardrobe and getting my uniform on - surprisingly, I didn't falter anything; must've been the fastest I'd ever done it before.

Scrambling myself together, I got out of the door only to see my dad leaning on the wall pretending to be asleep, fake snoring and even having his mouth agape. I roll my eyes and punch his arm, getting the "ow!" that I needed to hear and we began to walk.

"So, who are these people? That we are partnering with?" I ask the man beside me, his head turning to me and pouting, taking a deep breath before he replied.

"The infamous Task Force 141. Elite forces, we've got cartels to catch and as we are on the same path, why not collaborate?"

I hum. A subtle, brief explanation. He would tell me more if I needed to know more.

We get to the double doors and Graves pushes them open, leading us to a conference room in slightly dim lighting - I'm not sure why either.

"Gentlemen." my dad says, nodding at the men.

My eyes look at the tall, menacing brutes that stand before me, analysing each one.

To the far left was a man with brown, thick mutton chops on either side of his face and a bushy moustache. A bucket hat was on his head and he had a serious expression and stature. He nodded at my dad as a response.

Next to him was a man with a Mohawk haircut, bright blue eyes and light brown stubble across his chin. His uniform had the United Kingdom's flag on the front, same as the man before. Both British men, brilliant. I prepare myself mentally for the mocking of the Americans that come from them.

Alongside him was a capped man, dark in skin tone and another flag on his chest. He had stubble as well but not as prominent, possibly a clean shaven face uncared for from the past couple days. He seemed like the nicest out of the lot.

Then came the last one. A man taller than the rest of them covering his face with a balaclava and a skull mask, only having eyes peering through and even them were covered in eyeblack. They were hazel, having blonde eyelashes stand out against the darkness around his eyes. He looked serious and stern, like a brick wall. It was best not to talk to him, I thought.

"Hello, Graves. Who's that?" the one with the mutton chops asks. Ah, so he's a leader.

"The main sergeant just below my rank, sir. Y/N, meet Price, Soap, Gaz and Ghost. These men are the task force 14-"

"So you didn't tell 'er about us even though she's a rank below?" the one in the mask spoke, a deep gravelly voice. Sounded like Northern English, from my knowledge of accents he must be around Manchester.

My dad shakes his head. "I did. She forgot."

I nudge the side of his waist, feeling incredibly embarrassed now. A first impression wasted, now seen as a forgetful sergeant to these men. I bow my head slightly in shame and to cover my guilty blush.

They all stare at Graves, him raising his hands slightly. "She's my daughter. I'm not as nice to my other soldiers, I can assure you."

The mood eased, making me look up once more to spot everyone's eyes at me. I stand straighter and smile, looking at everyone back.

"Right. Let's get set up and begin planning." Price states, concluding the silence which felt like forever. I nod, as well as my dad, and leave the room, quite ashamed on the first impression I made. Hopefully I'll get to know them all better.