Chapter 11 - How Am I So Lucky? (RATED M)

WARNING: 

This chapter contains descriptive smut. If you are uncomfortable reading this entry, you may skip to the next one. Otherwise, read at your own risk.

*****

This kiss was something else... they could both feel it.

They had the time, they had the room, and the world felt like it was dissipating around them. On this night, Gwen and Miles decided to throw caution to the wind.

But once they got to her bed, the mood changed. Both sat awkwardly on the mattress, her near the headboard, him near the foot end. They were now staring at each other, still fully clothed, and trembling anxiously; it had truly set in what they were about to do... but could they do it?

For Miles, this was his first time. He had no idea where to start. His instincts wanted him to ravage her, to give in to his carnal lust and gobble her up, but his heart knew better than to do that. He also didn't know if this was Gwen's first time or not; if it was, he wanted to make this moment special for her... otherwise, he was afraid to disappoint her.

On Gwen's side, she wanted him badly... but there were also many risks that she should have assessed. The first, obviously, was his heart; if she pushed him too hard, or had him push himself too hard, they could risk a cardiac event. Secondly, her dad was right outside the room; even though he was asleep, he could still get up and walk in on them, and that would cause a huge problem.

"Gwen..." spoke Miles in a hushed voice, "... are you sure about this?"

Gwen, in her nervousness, sniggered. "I should be asking you."

"I want to," his hand reached for her cheek, resting gently on her soft skin, "but that don't mean we have to."

She placed her own hand on top of his and stroked it. "I want to do this too, but..." her eyes shifted down to his chest where his tube was hanging over, "... I'm worried I'll hurt you."

Slowly, he brought their faces closer. "You won't hurt me."

"I did before..."

"And I forgave you, didn't I?" He smiled warmly.

Gwen gazed down, remembering that painful time, and nodded weakly. "That's why I'm worried." she said. "What if you don't next time?"

Miles could only shake his head. He didn't know how to answer other than to kiss her again.

"I'm a little curious..." he said, pulling back.

"About what?" she asked, jerking slightly.

"If you've... done something like this before." He quickly glanced down, swallowing.

Gwen knew right away what he was really implying. "Nothing ever happened between us, Miles." She lifted his face sternly. "I never did anything with Hobie."

"Really?" He studied her, still unsure but wanting to believe.

"I swear." she affirmed.

His questioning frown lifted, and he sighed apologetically. "I'm being really pathetic, aren't it?"

Gwen scowled in offense. "How the hell can you say that after everything you've done?"

"I don't know." Miles shrugged. "Guess I'm just stupid."

"That makes two of us. But seriously..." she inhaled deeply, blinking a few times too many, "... you are the bravest man I ever met." She sucked in her lips, holding back her emotions. "Everything you've been through, that you're going through right now... I can't imagine." She inhaled a second time and exhaled from her mouth. "You are the ultimate Spider-Man... no canon event or anomalies can ever change my mind about that."