Chapter 13

For AnnMarieThrush

A/N: Happy Father's Day!!!! Be kind to your parents or guardians. For my Papa, I will be waking up at four in the morning with my younger brother to make my parents breakfast in bed. And while they are distracted, I'm going to make my papa a special cake. :)

"Just give him time, Mitch. I know for a fact that he doesn't want to leave." Kirstie and I were grabbing our things before we left work. She pulled her hair out of its low ponytail.

"He's been difficult this whole week." I groaned. "I don't love him. I swear." She looked over me.

"But you do like him, right?"

"Well, of course. He's a nice guy. But in order to fall in love with someone it requires getting to know them. And I don't know him." I stopped at my car. "Well, I know him. But it's not like I know important things. I know his favorite color and his kinks in bed. I can't run a relationship on how to make him last longer. Or time it perfectly so he pulls out before-" I decided to make a very crude motion with my hand so I didn't have to say the word. Kirstie shook her head.

"Okay. I believe that you aren't in love with him. The sparkle in your eye is very dull and right now, screams for you to murder him. But I believe that if you give it time, you and Scott could be something special. Award winning special." I rolled my eyes. Kirstie smacked my cheek playfully. "Hey. Shut up. You know I have a knack for this shit. Just listen to me."

"Just because you are good at guessing my love life doesn't mean anything."

"I told you Kent was going to be a bad kissing. I told you Randal was awfully cheap. And Ronnie was a bad seed. I told you all of that and you chose to ignore me. You dated Ronnie and look at you now. I tried to set you up with Scott awhile ago but no, you're too good for blind dates."

"And show up just so someone can fuck me over again!" She buzzed her lips in annoyance.

"This was before Ronnie and you started dating." She pushed the subject to the side. "Anyways, what are you going to do about the model like fuckable man that is just waiting at home to take your aching body?" I rolled my eyes again. She was ridiculous.

"Nothing."

"So you're telling me that if Scott walked out of a steamy shower with no towel on, you wouldn't take advantage of that?" The image made me shift uncomfortably. That sounded.... incredibly good right now. I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I wouldn't." I lied. But she didn't need to know that. My thoughts were meant to stay in my head. No matter how much I wanted to spill the thought of that sexual fantasy to my best friend.

"I would." I looked at her in amazement. "What? If Scott wasn't gay and I didn't have Jeremy. In a fucking heart beat I would be on that bed. Boy knows how to work it." She fanned herself dramatically with her hand.

"What if I wasn't gay?" She looked over me.

"Same as the other scenario. Come at me, big boy." I threw my hands up as her joke took a weird turn.

"You're fucked up and I am leaving. Bye, crazy."

"Love you too, boo." I got into my car and waited for her to get into her own before I drove off. I need a new best friend. That was just weird and awkward and- There was too many words that could fit. I unlocked my door, threw my keys in the bowl, and turned to the couch.

"Oh. I'm s- I didn't k-" I looked down at the ground when Scott turned to look at me. I let my eyes travel back up to him and his 'friend' that he brought home.

"What's up with you?" Scott ignored me, turning back to the guy next to him. I clenched my fists as Scott whispered in the guy's ear, occasionally kissing his neck. I slowly made my way to my room. Then I called Kirstie.

"Listen, I know we just said goodbye but....do you want to go get a drink?"

"What happened?" I just groaned, falling back on my bed.

"It's not important. Just get me wasted." Kirstie came over to get me and I quickly rushed passed Scott and his tool making out. I hated that he was doing this. I wasn't going to lie. I was extremely jealous. But I don't love Scott. I don't want to marry him and I don't want to have kids with him. If anything, I would want to go on a date. He's a nice guy. And I like him. But to the extreme of being in love? No. I'm not lying to myself and I wasn't lying to Kirstie when I spilled all of this after four very strong drinks.

"So you like him?" I was sipping the bronze liquid through a small black straw. The glass was being held in my hands as I nodded.

"Yeah. Why the fuck did he do that?" She shrugged. I could tell she knew but it wasn't like she was going to tell me. Her all knowing powers only extended to if she thought I was going to get hurt. Any other scenario, I'm left to stumble in the dark. I don't know how much I had to drink. All I remember was turning on the bar stool to find Kirstie gone. The bartender came over to tell me that she left and sent for my ride. So I waited.

"Hey, sweet cheeks." I ignored the man that came up to me. He nudged me gently. I stuck the straw drunkenly between my lips as I looked at him. "Can I buy you a drink?" I looked at the one in my hands. It was almost full.

"I'm good."

"Come on. Who doesn't like a free drink?" I thought about it.

"Me. I said no." He grabbed my wrist, knocking the drink out of my hand until it shattered on the ground.

"God damn-Ow!" The man let out a loud, pained yowl as Scott's pale hand bent the man's fingers back until they broke. I flinched at the sound.

"No means no." Scott ignored the man and pulled me outside. The cool air felt nice. "What were you thinking, Mitch? Are you fucking stupid?"

"Wha-What the hell is that suppos'd to mean?"

"You're drunk."

"You're not drunk. I'm drunk." I held my head. Maybe standing up was affecting me.

"Come on. Let's go home." I was leaning on his body as we walked. He carried me up the stairs and into our apartment. He set me down before going to take my shoes off.

"Why did you bring that guy here?" I mumbled quietly.

"Honestly?" I nodded. "I wanted to make you jealous. I think it worked."

"So what if it did?" I sat up slightly. "That doesn't mean shit."

"It means you like me. At least in some way." I fell back with a groan.

"You're an asshole." He chuckled and I flipped him off.

"Go to sleep, drunky." I did exactly that. But it wasn't because he told me to.