Chapter 3

Raelynn

"You did what?!" I almost choke on my matcha drink that I picked up on the way to her house as I look up at her. 

"Well what? He deserved it," Stella stares at me with her innocent doe eyes and just shrugs it off  like he isn't the worst type of guy to get into these stuff with. Not that I'd question the past.

"You give me a speech on Aiden for 20 minutes and then go home and slap his best friend and pretend that it's nothing?! And look at me. I ain't givin' you no speech," I blur out in my bossy voice.

"Rae... you BROKE HIS NOSE. It's different!" she states like it's disparate. Well, not to me. Physical attempts are simply physical attempts.

"I see no difference," I say sassily as I sip my matcha tea. Why does it taste so sour? I always take my drinks from that shop. Maybe it's this 'Aiden and Jacob  comparability on who got more hurt' that ruins my appetite. But  I make a mental note to confront the vendor the next day I go anyway.

She buries her face in her hands and gives out a defeated sigh. "And on the contrary, I heard from my infirmary spy that his nose didn't even break that much. It was just a tissue that cracked and it's gonna be fully okay within a week- I mean it already looks almost normal so DON'T give me that side eye every time Aiden enters the convo," I add in a matter-of-fact tone.

- Infirmary... spy? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

- Oh it was just Jessica who got hurt during her cheerleading practices and ended up being there at the same time as Anderson and basically eavesdropped the entire conversation between Dr. Sam and him. And her knowing how much I hate him and 'hey! girls support girls! yay!' she told me the entire thing. 

And for the first time I stepped into her house, I get a tiny bit appreciated by her. I'm sitting in Stella's cozy living room surrounded by simple antique decor and high tinted glass windows. The walls having vintage posters and arts all over it just makes it even more cozy. I swear to god I feel sleepy every time I step into her house.

Today is our usual meet-up Sunday and I decided to make it a feel good home-spa day with all DIY masks and facials, mani-pedis, our favorite movies, food and music. To basically give our minds a much needed rest from the previous calamitous days. Her mother would leave sometimes later and we'd have the whole house to ourselves considering her father's went on a business trip to Europe just today morning and her brother's in med school.

I'm still telling her the list of movies I selected when the doorbell rings. Stella is standing up when her mother shouts from the other room "Honey, can you open the door? It must be Jacob."

What. The. Hell.

She freezes midway and stares at me in horror. She never told me they'd be here and considering her reaction, she didn't know it as well. Well, maybe he just came to deliver something, knowing their families are close, right? Or maybe it's something important he had to tell Stella's mother? It can't be about him barging in on murdering Stella from their last night interaction when her mother clearly knew about him coming today. 2 minutes passed. Another ring.

"I'll go," I say and walk towards the door. I open the door and see the devil himself.

But wait, who's that behin- FUCK NO. Nonononono. With that satiny light hair, it won't even take me 5 seconds to identify him. Out of every person I had the probability to see with Jacob right now, I have to meet the guy I just broke the nose of - what like a day ago?! Looks like god has taken me as his pawn in the chess today. But they're gonna go away right? It's not like they're going to stay.