Chapter 5

Raelynn

I'm currently carrying a hysterical Stella out of our school infirmary. Yes, she's allergic to nuts and that idiot- I could break all of his body organs right now if he were here. But thankfully, Dr. Bernard prescribed some meds to her and she turned out to be fine. I insisted on taking her home but she kept saying she was okay and that she just needs some fresh air.

So here we are. Me walking her to the closest park from our school. It really is just a place for students to come and study. So, I'm hoping we don't bump into anyone. And I know just who that 'anyone' means.

"There", Stella points to a spot on the grass and we sit there. Her voice still sounds wheezy from all that coughing. It's late afternoon. We both stare at the sun for a while without talking and it gets very unbearable when Stella stops talking.

"I'm okay, Seriously. You look you're gonna start pulling out your eyeballs within the next minute or two", Stella says in her low voice.

I crack a laugh. "I know, I know, you know if he were here right now I'd-" Stella interrupts me with her hand and mutters " I'll deal with him. Don't worry".

Just as I'm about to protest again, someone pulls my hair which was all let out from behind. Fucking Aiden. But I turn around and see Elsie grinning at me like a villain straight out of a Disney movie. UGH NOT HER.

I stand up immediately hit her shoulder. "What was that for?!" I yell.

"Ouch. Chill. Can't have some fun anymore?" That bitch.

- "You probably have your entire life to be a jerk, Vallerie. Why not take a day off and rest?" I mock her with my over-tried puppy eyes.

- "I would. But that would hurt the business, you see?" she laughs with that ugly sound and her friend Sally tries to mimic her laughter.

I turn my head to the left and see Aiden and Jacob walking towards our way. He's so done. I walk up to him fast and stand in front of him and bring my eyes up to his height. 

"What happened to keeping your own words huh Anderson? I can't do anything but your girlfriend has a right to touch me!?" I spit out in rage.

"Girlfriend? I don't even have one and what are you even talki-" his gaze goes to Elsie still standing at the same spot. He sighs in defeat and, "Listen, I didn't tell her about that yet. I'll tell her to stay away. Happy?" he adds.

I'm weirded out. Why is he acting like this? Any other day he would've had his vocabulary and stupid sayings ready to attack me back. He seems like..he's sad or upset? But why-

OH. SHIT.

Our physics test results.

It was supposed to be published today. Oh god. I forgot about it because I was too worried on Stella's allergy reaction. I run back to Stella without responding., take both of our bags, take her hand and just give a run towards our campus.

No way I'm leaving her with those people. 

By the time we've reaching our campus which is basically a 10 minute walk from the school, we're both panting and sweating. 

"Okay Rae. What the fuck was that," she asks me, gasping. 

"Our... test... results," I say taking deep breaths between each letter.

"Oh. OH. Shit I don't wanna see. But seriously you didn't have to run! Now I'm gonna have a panic attack!" she exclaims.

"I'm so sorry, I just- I saw Aiden was upset. And I think maybe I scored higher than him?"