Chapter 7

Today is either going to be embarrassing, or extraordinary. 

It's the final basketball competition between our school's team, the Tigers and another school, the Gladiators . Me and Stella have taken the highest seats up the gymnasium.  It's one of those rare, twice in a year, day when I wish  Aiden good luck on something considering him the captain of our school's team. I check my watch, 10:20 a.m., the game's supposed to start at 11:00. Almost everyone is here. The whole gymnasium is divided into colors of Red and Green. Me and Stella are wearing a red Tigers jersey in respect to our school's team, and the gladiator's people who came from another institution are all in green. The air's already filled with the aura of competition. 

Me and Aiden didn't have a single conversation after our talk in the murder-garage-whatever-place. But of course our glaring at each other in class continued, alas. "This gives off Gryffindor vs Slytherin vibes doesn't it? Stella squeaks from my side. Gosh this girl won't ever stop talking about books. I glance at my watch again, 10:30 a.m. The ceremony should at least start right now. And just as I have that thought, it does. 

Cheerleaders on red and green fill the stage starting the ceremony. We watch their mediocre choreography for a while and then the teachers, madams, our headmaster one by one all finish their speeches. The narrator invites both the teams to the stage and introduces everyone. Everyone claps extra hard when it comes to Aiden and I'll give him that for today, only. And damn he looks really goo- RAELYNN stop. You're being ridiculous. And just like that, the game starts at exactly eleven. 

---

The last five minutes are left. The teams are tied at 6-6. The tension- god I can't. Even my whole body is tense. In all the games last year and this year, the tigers have always won, and as much as I hate to admit it, it was all because of Aiden. Last one minute. Shit. And just when me and nearly all the people in the gym are about to lose our hope, Aiden takes the ball from the opposite team. Dribbles and runs with it so fast towards the basket that I start to question my eye power, and.. ..and HE SCORES. And the times ends. YESS OH MY GOD. The whole room of red explodes in screaming and cheering. I could seriously run up and hug Aiden right now. 

 When majority of the people exit the gym, me and Stella make our way to Aiden who's still there talking to one of him teammates. Well come on, it's basic manners to atleast say 'congrats'. When we're nearly close, Aiden and my eyes meet, and for once, seriously, there's no hatred in them. I can just imagine loosing myself in those ey- OH GOSH RAELYNN GET A GRIP. I shove all those fatalistic thoughts to another corner of my brain. I pull out my smile and congrats him and he says "Thank you, I appreciate it." He knows the word "thank you"? Astounding.

Just as me and Stella are about to leave, a heavy ball hits my head. I drop to the ground clutching my head. Ow that hurts... too much.  I feel an arm wrap around me and I black out.

I try to open my eyes. Slowly. Where am I? "You're awake", a voice say, atleast Stella's with m- wait a sec, that's not Stella's voice. But oddly familiar. I try to turn my head to see the person and, for fuck's sake what the hell is Aiden doing here? Seriously why am I lying dow- Oh. OH. Fucking hell. A ball or something struck my head, I remember everything atleast. But still, why is Aiden here?

"Chill, Stella just went to get some meds, and I'm not going to assassinate you", he says in a calm voice. Good, he's not being a jerk. "I- uh, I'm sorry, one of my teammates accidentally hit you, I told him to apologize to you but he had to go off early to attend, well, a funeral. So, on behalf of him, I apologize", he finishes off. "Hah a funeral", I try to joke despite all the severe headache but seeing Aiden's gaze, he doesn't really take it as a joke so I just best shut up. When is Stella going to come back? It's too awkward with him. "Are you alright?" he asks me. ME. He asks me IF IM ALRIGHT. Okay maybe he got possessed or something. "uh- yeah i guess so." I try to blur out. I could tell him to go right now but I don't want to be alone, not till Stella comes back. Just then, I see Stella running towards me, her phone in her ear like she's talking to someone. But why does she seem like she's about to almost cry?