Trust

Winter had finally arrived in the royal capital of Midgar, but that didn't stop the city from pulsating with energy. Despite the frigid temperature, the people of the city continued to go about their business. People walked about the bustling streets, heading to work or the market, wrapped in layers of warm clothing to shield themselves from the bitter cold. A faint mist hung in the air, clinging to the tall buildings. It was hard to tell whether it was from the snow melt or the collective breath of the people. But despite the cold, the city continued to be a hub of activity and vitality.

As Son of Sparda strolled through the streets of the capital, he took in the bustling sights and sounds around him. Despite the cold, the atmosphere was alive with activity and energy, and Victor could feel the city's vitality coursing through his veins. The people walked with purpose, but without rushing; a sense of harmony and order permeated the streets, even in the face of the frigid temperatures. Victor's thoughts were interrupted as he noticed a familiar figure nearby.

'Alexia? What's she doing here?' As Victor's thoughts were disturbed, his attention was immediately drawn to the familiar person before him, the princess Alexia. With her silver twin tails and stack of books, it was hard to miss the young woman.

She walked gracefully down the street, her steps measured and her expression focused. Despite the cold, none of the books in her hands seemed to be wrapped in protective covering; instead, she casually carried them, the pages undamaged by the whipping wind. Alexia was an impressive sight, walking with a sense of purpose and determination despite the harsh weather.

"Hello there, Princess Alexia," Victor greeted her warmly. "What are you planning to do with that pile of books? There seems to be a lot of them."

Alexia smiled politely at Victor's greeting. "Oh, nothing special really," she replied, looking down at the books in her hand. "Just some reading material for the school stuffs. Like law, finances, politics, engineering economics, oh and ancient linguistics too. You know how long and dull winters can get." the books still held confidently in both of her hands.

"A scholar, huh?" Victor asked Alexia with a thoughtful look. "Are you considering giving up being a knight and becoming a scholar instead?"

Alexia chuckled and shook her head in denial, but her face was still bright and cheerful. "No, no, it's nothing like that." She reassured Victor as they continued walking down the street together.

She glanced over at Victor, a small smile coming to her lips. "I never said I wanted to abandon my knighthood entirely. I simply wanted to balance my love of learning with my duties as a knight. Just because I want to become a scholar doesn't mean I have to give up my sword. I can do both, and do them well." She nodded confidently, her resolve as solid as her conviction in herself.

Alexia turned to face the snow rain, her twin tails swinging behind her as she did so. "So, Victor, what have you been doing to pass the time during this winter? It's been quite dull indeed, with the long nights and frigid temperatures."

She tilted her head slightly, her expression curious and interested. "Did you have any exciting plans, or just staying cozy and warm at home?"

"I often spend my time writing poetry in my room," stated Victor, "but apart from that I also train to maintain my sword skills." He spoke plainly, without any unnecessary flowery language. His words were direct and to the point, just like his usual straightforward approach to life.

"Oh, so you are spending your time writing poetry, huh?" Alexia seemed intrigued, her expression softening.

"It's a good way to spend your time, especially in the winter. Poetry is a wonderful medium to express yourself and your thoughts. I hope it keeps you entertained and warm during these colder months." She paused, a small smile coming to her lips.