The Key

The journey back to Sparda Mansion was swift, Victor's steps purposeful as he navigated through the snowy landscape. The cold air bit at his skin, but the urgency in Griffon's message fueled his determination. The towering mansion loomed ahead, a silent witness to the supernatural events that unfolded within its walls.

The members of Devil May Cry, each with their unique abilities and loyalty to Victor, stood in a solemn row. Their acknowledgment of him was a silent testament to the bond they shared, a connection forged through battles and victories. The air in the grand entrance hall hung with anticipation as Victor stepped inside, closing the door behind him against the wintry chill.

"Welcome back, My Lord," Nevan greeted, representing the other members.

"Yeah. What about King Raphael?"

"He has regained consciousness and much better now. The effect of the drug is really taking his consciousness away slowly. But I have extracted every single thing," replied Modeus.

"Good. Then, what about the results of your research on Elizabeth's words?"

"As expected. A country that glorifies aesthetics, beauty, and anything about art. Oriana Kingdom, which is currently being hit by Civil War due to being controlled by Perv Asshat." Modeus concluded the research results based on ancient records collected by Nevan as well as Elizabeth's words at the Crimson Tower.

"Hmm, I wonder what my father is doing in Oriana that time? OK, I'll talk to him," said Victor.

"This way, My Lord" Modeus led his master to a door that led to the dungeons. The secret room of the mansion, the place where King Oriana was hidden and cared for by Victor after the incident at the God of War Tournament.

Raphael, the King of Oriana, sat on the bed in the dimly lit secret room. His regal presence was juxtaposed against the clandestine nature of the meeting. The air was thick with a sense of urgency as Victor entered, acknowledging the gravity of the situation.

Victor, concealed behind the mask and hood, greeted Raphael with a respectful nod. "Greetings, Your Majesty, I trust you are recovering well from your Chancellor's treacherous act?"

Raphael, though still showing signs of the ordeal, managed a faint smile. "I'm on the mend, thanks to your timely intervention. But our troubles are far from over, my friend."

Raphael, still recovering, looked at Victor with a mix of gratitude and curiosity. "Who are you, really?"

Victor, maintaining his disguised appearance, responded calmly, "My identity isn't crucial right now. What I need to know is the true motive behind Perv Asshat's actions. What are his goals in attempting to seize the kingdom of Oriana?"

Raphael leaned back, his eyes narrowing in thought. "Perv Asshat is power-hungry. His desire to rule knows no bounds. He believes Oriana's prosperity lies in his hands alone."

Victor nodded, absorbing the information. Raphael's voice lowered as he divulged a deeper layer of the conspiracy. "Perv Asshat is not acting alone. He's backed by the Cult of Diablos. Their interest lies in an ancient ring and artifact sealed by a knight, a relic from the time of the first King of Oriana. This artifact symbolizes the end of a major war, and Perv is unwittingly aiding their agenda to retrieve it."

Victor, absorbing the gravity of the revelation, asked, "Do you know what this artifact is capable of? Why would the Cult pursue it so ardently?"

Raphael's gaze turned distant. "The artifact is said to hold immense power. Its true nature and capabilities remain shrouded in mystery, but its retrieval could tip the balance of power in Oriana and beyond."