Chapter 4 - I Want to Live (3)

‘Should I just escape to some secluded place?’

The thought that suddenly came to mind was quite charming, but the feasibility of it was close to zero.

As the Empire crumbled and devil worshippers ran rampant, the entire continent had become an unseen battlefield.

It was not uncommon for intact cities to be annihilated, not just remote villages.

Rather than relying on luck to hide, it would be better to strengthen myself.

Besides, now that I was under the duke’s control, I couldn’t escape. Maybe after I’d grown.

It was a problem that didn’t have an immediate solution. I had too little information, even none.

In the first place, I needed to know when this was happening to come up with a rough plan.

‘Damn… Why did this happen?’

My thoughts ultimately turned to the fundamental cause of this situation.

What came to mind suddenly was the message that appeared when I turned off the game. It clearly said that the tutorial was over.

The only meaningful change before entering the game was that.

Back then, I had interpreted it differently.

‘The main storyline of the game is about to unfold.’

Originally, it was impossible to complete the main story of Valhǫll. No matter how you played, you would die abruptly at some point.

As an unknown early access game, I had even used an online translator to search the internet.

No one had seen the end of the story.

The most likely guess was that the story was blocked because the game was incomplete.

I somewhat agreed with that and played the game, finding it enjoyable even with the story blocked.

So, I thought the end of the tutorial would unlock the main story.

But I never imagined that it would be a message to enter the game world.

“Sigh.”

A deep sigh escaped.

I had a grasp on the main story up to what the developers had revealed. But beyond that, I had no idea.

And more importantly, I had to figure out how to survive in this body.

The game and reality were clearly different.

Even if we were facing the same crisis, the judgment of me as a gamer and me as the person involved couldn’t be the same.

While playing the game, I used to get frustrated every time the character made a wrong move due to low mental stats.

But now it was different. In reality, anyone would be confused in this situation.

Moreover, considering that I didn’t even know when I was, it was even more daunting.