Chapter 2 - The Calm

It has been two days since the heist on Punk Town's National Bank. The Data thieves responsible have decided to lay low for the time being. Both the operator and NetNavi have kept to themselves, keeping contact minimal between them.

One of the members of the group is Jumper, ProMan's operator. He's a college student from Synth Town who does some Data theft in his time for extra funds.

As a mini celebration for another successful heist, Jumper has taken ProMan on a day trip to Glam Town via the rails. He sits outside a local cafe with a hot cup of flavored tea. He rests his PET against the teapot, allowing him to talk with ProMan. Compared to his heist attire, he wears a pair of jeans with a long-sleeved blue shirt under a red and yellow jacket. His hair is stylized and spiked up, almost mirroring his Navi.

"How's that Red River Tea tasting? Is it good?" ProMan asks, his tone slightly aggravated.

Jumper takes a sip before letting out a satisfied sigh, "It's tasting good."

"Well, it should, since it cost you nearly 200 Zenny!"

"Yeah, but it makes you feel like a million," Jumper is relatively calm, speaking softly compared to his Navi. "You seem worked up, ProMan. What's the matter?"

"Nothing, it's just. I never got my chance to beat the Navi, okay."

"You're still worried about that? WolfMan deleted them with your help. So you share the victory, okay?"

"It was a tainted win. I'm the star here, I should be the one to get the win. No one else!"

"No one else?"

"Okay, you count too. But you're my operator. Any winner one receives is implied for the other. Your wins are my wins too."

Jumper reaches into his pocket and pulls out some Battle Chips. ProMan takes notice of them and spots some unfamiliar Chips from the pile.

"What do we have here?" He asks, excited to see something new and shiny.

"I stopped off at one of those traders on the way here. I gave up some duplicates I had to get us something new. Check this out," he picks up one of the Battle Chips and presents it to the Navi.

"Long Sword? Nice. Since we got that Wide Sword last week, we can finally do that Program thingie, right?"

"Exactly, and look here, I got more Spreader Chips too."

"Why does that matter?"

"Because, if I use five in a row, I can do a super combo and you can perform an even stronger attack."

"How do you know all of this?"

"I've been in contact with this Otaku from ACDC Town. He runs this shop specializing in Battle Chips. He gave me some great advice on them."

"Well, I'll take your word for it. You always seemed to know what Chips worked well for me. However, I think that Invisible Chip needs some work. It failed on me last time and I don't want a repeat if you understand me."

"Oh yes, I'm sure you absolutely hated being the center of attention, didn't you?"

"You know me too well. Now are you done with your tea yet?"

Jumper pours more out of the teapot into the cup, "I don't know. I still have two cups worth left, and I heard the secret menu here has two unreleased flavors."

ProMan nearly falls into insanity with the mountainous of their celebration.

...

The team muscle and most experienced member of the group is Chester White. A former NetBattler, after a mission gone wrong, he left to pursue other career paths, which eventually led him to become a Data Thief.