The Rocketeer

I ran as the two deadly orange blades swept past my vision.

Me and Biograft were on opposite teams, which doesn't happen too often. When it does, however, it makes my job a lot harder. My heavy gun makes it hard to move quickly, I usually can't shift and teleport in time. My only hope against Biograft is to try to get far enough to shoot at him, or use my grenades. Both of these take a while to do with how fast the damn robot can move, being able to suddenly appear in front of me in a blink.

Were in the Banlands, and the heat isn't making it any easier.I feel sweat coming from my body as I try to dodge Biograft. He was low on health when he came after me, one last hit should do it...

Alas, I keep missing my shots, the robot dodges them all still chasing me. I keep running toward my team's spawn, robot trailing behind me. That's when I saw I got shot at by a small, thin, laser. A triangular target glowing above my chest. The damn thing had used its Echo Execution. I watched as the robot suddenly lunged forward toward me, its blades held threateningly over its head, steam puffing out from its chest. I quickly held my railgun in front of me, bracing for the attack.

Biograft's blade crashed into me, most of the impact taken by my gear. The robot raised its arms again, ready to finish the job.

*SNAP!*

The sound of a rope grappling onto the Biograft's chest stopped the robot in place, and was quickly pulled to my ally, Katana. In one fell slice of his sword, Biograft was defeated, body slowly disappearing into the air, respawning. All that for a single assist.

The red masked man turns to look at me, nodding, I nod back in appreciation. Though I got an assist, I'm still thankful for the help of a friend.

"VICTORY!"

Those words made me sigh of relief, we had won the phight. Both teams start to walk out of the Banlands, retrieving the extra bux they have gotten from the phight. Valk and Dom both thanked us for competing. I decided not to go in for another round, my gear being damaged by Biograft.

I look down at my damaged railgun, it being indented in the middle. It would probably still work, but was it really worth the risk? If it were to stop working, that would mean no pay for a while, and when you live in Blackrock. A place known for its cold hearted, unforgiving, ruthless demons. You know you wouldn't be spared by the consequence of not being able to do jobs and not paying bills. Both from an angry boss, and angry landlord.

You take the bus back to cross roads, checking gear repair shops on the way with your phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still checking my phone by the time I'm there, surrounded by streets and demons of all types.

You refuse to go to any Blackrock repair shop, them being overpriced by scammers. Subspace could probably do the work, but would laugh at him and make annoying comments about how careless he is.

Scrolling, you eventually come across a repair shop. The name being "Da Shop!". It was a questionable name, but had some really good reviews, not to mention cheap prices.

I eventually find myself walking down further into the sidewalks of crossroads. Until I come across a red brick building, with a large black and white sign saying "Da Shop" in a fancy font.

There seems to be a countertop below it too, there standing an azure demon, goggles above his head. He looks bored out of his mind.

You walk closer to him, the younger demon noticing you walking toward him.

"Oh hello! What do you need today? No gear upgrades are up for sale today since Zuka isn't going to be back for a few days. Do you need anything else in the meantime?" The demon asks.

"Could you repair my railgun?"

"Yup!, can I see it?"

As I handed him my gear, I realized something.

"Did you say.. Zuka? As in B.Zuka?"

"Oh yeah, he's my dad."

"Your dad?!"

The younger demon looks surprised by your shock, and also confused. "Your father was a well known soldier for Blackrock is all." you say remembering all the stories and rumors you heard about this demon... this legend. Some said he would rain terror on any enemy that stepped in his way, obliterating any obstacles. That he would do everything in his power to win any phight. Against him was a death wish, you might as well have just politely said hello before letting him finish you off. There were even some rumors about him phighting in the faction war against Playground too. Rumors say that's why he lost his arm and retired, never to be seen again. He was truly inspiring to many demons in Blackrock, someone to look up to when times were harsh. "I still remember all the stories I was told about your father."

"Really? He was that popular?"

"Yes, very."

You see the younger demon thinking for a moment before speaking.

"Oh Right! I'll get this fixed for you. It will be at least 150 bux for this by the way."

As I take out the money and give it to the demon, I realize the demon himself looks familiar.

"Have I by chance... seen you before?"

"Maybe, do you go to phights?"

"yes?"

"Oh yeah!, I recognize you too!.... Hyper-something?"

"Hyperlaser"

"Cool! I'm Rocket!"

"Nice to meet Rocket, son of Zuka"

"Thanks?"

I watch him as he takes my gun into another room, probably to repair it of the damage it has. I wait for about an hour before he comes back out and hands me my gear.

"Thank you."

"No prob! Have a nice day!"

You start to walk out, finding another bus to go back to Blackrock.

What an eventful day, you'll be sure to keep an eye out for Rocket in any phights from now on. See if he lives up to his fathers reputation.