Chapter 13: United Fronts

'Harper '
Harper sat in her hotel room, the cool air from the air conditioning enveloping her as she lounged on the bed. Fresh from her shower, her mind was consumed with thoughts of Zac and the confrontation they had at the mall. She couldn't deny the surge of jealousy that coursed through her veins whenever she thought of Fatima. It was irrational, she knew, but Fatima seemed to be the obstacle standing between her and what she desired most "Zac." To make matters worse, Fatima was undeniably beautiful, adding to Harper's feelings of inadequacy.

She understood that winning Zac back would not be an easy task. He had made it clear that he wanted nothing to do with her, but Harper was determined to make him face her, whether he liked it or not. Her phone rang, interrupting her thoughts. It was her friend Yolonda. "Hey, girl, I was just about to call you," Harper greeted her. She couldn't wait to share the events of the day with someone who understood her. Yolanda eagerly asked, "What happened, Harper?" Harper took a deep breath, excitement evident in her voice as she recounted the unexpected turn of events.

"So, I was at the mall, just going about my day, when I overheard a woman talking on her phone. At first, I didn't pay much attention, but then I heard her mention the name Zac. It was like a magnetic force pulling me towards her. I couldn't resist the urge to find out more." Yolanda leaned in, hugging the phone closer to her ear intrigued by the unfolding story. "And what did you do next?" she asked, unable to contain her curiosity. A mischievous smile spread across Harper's face. "I took a chance, Yolanda. I introduced myself to her, not knowing for certain if we were thinking about the same man, but I was determined to find out.

I followed her discreetly, and to my surprise, she led me straight to my Zac. Can you believe it?" Yolanda burst into laughter, unable to contain her amusement. "Oh, wow! That's quite the coincidence, Harper. What did you do when you found them?" Harper's voice carried a mix of defiance and vulnerability as she continued, "I couldn't resist the urge, Yolanda. I walked right over to their table and sat down. I could see the anger in her eyes, like she was ready to tear my head off, but I couldn't stop myself. I had to confront him." Yolanda's voice held a note of concern as she questioned Harper's motives.

"If you have to go through all of this, do you really think it's worth it?" Harper's voice was filled with conviction as she responded, "Yes, I do. Zac belongs with me. I'm his soulmate and he's mine." When I spoke to Brandon that day and he told me how Zac was doing and that he was coming to visit him, I knew it was my opportunity to make amends. I fucked up the last time I saw him by not talking to him and I'm going to make it right."Yolanda's voice softened, her worry evident. "So, what are you planning to do?" Harper's determination rang through her words.

"I'm going to get my man back, Yolanda. We've been over this. I believe that if I can just get him alone, my plan would work. I'm going to fuck the shit out of him and remind him of the feelings we used to have for each other, the feelings that I still have for him, he'll realize what I know and come back to me."Yolanda sighed, her concern deepening. "Harp, I don't like where this is going. It feels like you're treading on dangerous ground. I mean do you hear yourself, If Zac has moved on like he said he has and is in another relationship, I don't think it's fair for you to interfere with that." Harper's voice grew more determined as she responded,"That's the whole reason I'm here, Yolanda.

I'm not worried about that woman's feelings. I'm only concerned with mine and getting Zac back." Yolanda's voice carried a note of concern and caution. "Harper, it's important to consider the consequences of your actions. You don't know this woman, and if she confronts you for messing with her man, or worse, what are you going to do. Things could escalate. Please think about what you're doing." Because, honestly, you'd definitely deserve an ass whooping for playing the games you're playing." Harper's tone remained defiant. "I'm willing to take whatever comes my way, even if it means facing consequences. I believe that getting Zac back is worth it. I thought you were on my side, Yolanda." Yolanda let out a sigh, mixed with a hint of resignation.