8. Go with the flow

Aki was an excellent producer and manager. He had successfully trained many young ladies and gentlemen into influential figures, though he was only 5 years in this harsh industry. Some even considered him a walking cash cow for the company.

As Aki nervously made his way to the CEO's office, he couldn't help but wonder why he was being summoned. Was he scared? Absolutely. Was he nervous? You bet, his hands were sweating bullets. Aki only knew the CEO's name and face, never having a direct meeting with him before. This was the first time Aki called to the CEO's office. He had completed previous projects flawlessly, so he prayed he wouldn't be facing a pay cut. A raise would be much more appreciated.

Standing in front of the doors he never thought he'd enter, Aki hesitantly knocked, his trembling hand making a weak sound.

"Welcome, Aki," a man boomed, clearly the CEO, accompanied by a young lady and...a mouse?

"Nice to meet you, Producer Aki. I've heard nothing but praise about you," Mr. CEO said, extending his hand for a handshake. Oh gosh, his sweating nervous hand. Aki hoped him not feel disgusted by his hand.

"Those are just flatterings." Aki brushed off the compliments, but before he could say more, the CEO turned to the mouse-like creature. "This is Aki, the one you might want and need. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to attend."

And just like that, the CEO was gone, leaving Aki feeling a bit let down.

"Hello there, I'm Nezu. Am I a mouse, a dog, or a bear?" he asked, raising his arms. "I'm the Principal of UA." Mr. Nezu seemed like a ball of sunshine, if Aki was being honest. This was definitely unexpected.

"And this is Shax Lied, a male UA student who will debut as Lindy," Mr. Nezu introduced, his smile unwavering.

Hah, wait, what... Aki's eyes widened.

"Hello, my name is Shax Lied, but please call me Lindy when I'm in this form." Aki could clearly see that the boy, Lied - Lindy was in bad mood.

"Are you...?" but before he could finish his question.

"No, I'm happy with myself, though it's a little embarrassing, it's just my (forced) choice of clothes." Lindy seriously said.

"I know this sound weird but please help training Lindy into a fine idol."

Aki came to a conclusion.

He needed a rise.

...

At first, Aki was shocked that such a cutie was a boy. But after a few moment, he gathered his thought. He had been in the entertainment and social industry long enough to know that beauty standards for men were gradually shifting towards more gentle features. Aki acknowledged the rise of individuals with unisex beauty and the trend of crossdressing on social media. However, he recognized the rarity of a crossdresser (in Lied-Lindy situation they called it 'trap' or 'femboy'? Aki made a mental note to research about this later) successfully debuting as a singer or idol. (Like he could count the number of such people on his fingers)

This new challenge made him feel ... excited. Like he knew he would be screw if there were any small mistake. But the thought of succeeding this rare path made his heart go bum bum. Ok, Aki decided. He shall turn this unpolished gem into a shiny blinding one.

"Do you plan on debuting as a girl or a trap?" Aki inquired.

"Of course as a girl, who would want to watch a boy with a dress trying to act cute. Devi, that might even sound disgusting." Lindy scoffed.

Aki was a little disappointed, so now his mission was only to mold this boy into a cutie hah?

"Ehh, isn't that boring? I was voting for a trap." Aki mused.