10 ;; power trip

' would you believe me
if i say i'm in love ,
power trip - j. cole, miguel

[ irl ]

a few months later

"Wait, what are we doing?" Adrianna asked as she slowly walked behind Dylan. "We're getting starbucks- you always complained about how you want to come to this location." The boy chuckled as he stopped in front of the store, making Adri smile. "Can't believe you remembered after all this time." She giggled as the boy opened the door for her.

"Want me to order for you?" Dylan asked, walking ahead of the girl in the line before she could answer. "Oh- yea, sure. Do you know what I want though?" Dylan smiled at her and turned around to face the cash register, "As you can tell, I'm not someone who forgets things."

"Can we get a caramel ribbon crunch and a dragon fruit refresher? Both venti, please." Dylan told the cashier, making Adrianna smile at the fact he actually had remembered her go to order.

After getting their drinks and food( the duo sat down outside. They were both on their phones- enjoying the comfortable silence, basking in each other presence.

"Riri?" Dylan spoke up, slightly fidgeting with his fingers. "Hm?" The girl replied, looking up from her phone. Dylan sighed, reaching into his pocket and putting something in his hand, making eye contact with the girl.
"Adrianna, I know that I did some fucked up shit earlier this year. And I want you to know that girl meant absolutely nothing to me then and she still doesn't mean anything to me now." Adri nodded her head and then tilted it to the side, "Yea, I know that- we put that behind us like.. months ago!" Dylan nodded his head and smiled at the girl. "Close your eyes." He told her, making the girl oblige.

"I'm not the best with words but.. what I'm trying to say is I want this to be real. I know I'm you're boyfriend already but I want to be more than that. I want to be a safe place for you, I want you to feel like I'm a person you can genuinely trust. Someone you can rely on when your at your lowest, someone you can expect you hype you up when you're at your highest. Basically, I'm trying to say I love you." Adri felt something cold slide on her right ring finger and yet she resisted the urge to open her eyes.
"You can open now." Dylan told her, making her open her eyes and lift her hand a few inches in front of her face: on her ring finger was a beautiful silver ring with a green jemstone on it. Her mouth fell open and she looked over at Dylan, "It's.. beautiful." She smiled, digging in her pocket to find the bracelets she had bought earlier that week.
"I know its not a promise ring but.. I also know we both love Tv girl soo!" She handed a blue, pink, and black bracelet to Dylan, making him squeal like a little girl. "Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu!!!" He said, getting up to engulf the girl in a hug.
"When I tell you I was literally praying for one of these I genuinely mean it." Adri giggled and looked up at Dylan, the boys arms were around her neck but they slowly moved down to her waist.

Adrianna leaned in, her lips connecting with Dylan's. Once they broke apart the duo beamed at each other. "I love you Dylan Hoffman." "I love you even more, Adrianna Alvarez." Adri shook her head and then closed her eyes, sticking a finger in Dylan's face. "Nuh uh, Not possible!" She retorted, making the boy roll his eyes and put his lips on Adri's again.

totallynotdri added to their story!

the end

dd's corner
hai i actually kinda like how i ended this

mason thames book maybe stay tuned🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

bye ths chapter and book was short as shit
i did not proofread a single part of this book so soz for any typos i made if yall spot any please lmk

wc;683