Chapter 5

Snow woke up to find herself back in her old camp. Whew! It was just a dream Snow thought. Padding out of her cave, she found herself face to face with her father, and a dragon beside him. Now, this is a dream Snow thought,"Father! How are you?" Snow exclaimed, deciding to pretend that this was a normal day, before her father died, and everything was plain normal.

"Come on Snow, you know that this is a dream, right?" Snow's father rolled his eyes.

"Father! What a way to destroy the hope that you are alive!" Snow said sarcastically,"But why are you here? How are you in my dream?"

Her father looked excited,"I'm so glad you asked. Ever since I died, I found a way to connect with the living. To help them survive," he paused.

"That's great news!" Snow said,"Now you can guide every paw step, and make sure this never happens again!"

Her father shook his head, "If we do this, we basically take over you, you need to learn how to survive yourselves, we are just here to help you," he replied, "We help guide your pawsteps, but it is up to you if you listen," he corrected.

"Now listen closely, as this can change your lives."

Snow leaned closer,"The kin rise as their elements fall into place. When the time is right, the elements will hold the power of the spirits in their paws," her father said with an eerie tone in his voice.

As her father snapped his mouth shut, he started to fade,"Wait! Tell me what this means! You're talking in riddles!" Snow howled desperately. Her father shook his head as his body became transparent, and disappeared.

We help guide your pawsteps, but it is up to you if you listen, Snow remembered. What does that mean?

As Snow slowly climbed out of the cloud of sleepiness she was in, she realized that it was almost dawn. Sighing, Snow rolled onto her back with her eyes open, staring at the pink splotches spread across the sky.

The kin rise and their elements fall into place. When the time is right, the elements will hold the power of the spirits in their paws.

Snow repeated the prophecy over and over uncountable times in her head, trying to make some sense. But it didn't.

"Good morning Snow," Moon suddenly mumbled.

"Morning," Snow replied.

Moon rolled onto his back along with Snow, "I was thinking, we came so far out near possible home, shouldn't we go and find it?" he thought for a moment, "Don't we want this to count?"

Snow shook her head,"Now that we know where we are, let's not get lost again."

Snow pushed through a bush and peeked through,"All clear," she called out to Moon. Snow shook herself and pine needles flew out of her fur.

"Hey, Moon," Snow started awkwardly, "Have you ever had dreams about our father coming back?" Snow finished.

Moon's eyes grew wide, "No," he said, "Should I?"

Snow shook her head, "It's just that, he came to me last night," Snow hesitated, "But he seemed to know he was in my dream," Snow stopped,"And he told me this prophecy," Snow took a breath, "The kin rise as their elements fall into place. When the time is right, the elements will hold the power of the spirits in their paws."

Moon was silent,"I believe that you had a dream," he started,"And yes, I have had dreams about Father coming to me," Moon admitted,"But I didn't think you were getting it too."