Chapter 61: Closing Up

The Nightmare Maid-who had its neck strangled by the man surrounded by lightning-constantly glanced at the battle in the middle of the tomb.

A battle between the Calamity and the false god.

Why isn't my contractor dead yet...

This was the only thought in its mind.

Unlike other Lunar Monsters, as the maid of the Lord of Nightmare, it often had the chance to meet the Void Sovereign who ruled the entire Nightmare Swamp. Therefore, it also happened to hear the name of the 'Calamity' from a thousand years ago in the conversation between the Lord of Nightmare and the demon generals under Her command and understood what kind of existence the other party was.

Even Ms. Zamara-who had supreme power-was completely shattered and expelled by this man called Calamity when she conjured a Currere body like the Holy Spirits condensing magic.

As long as he wasn't in the Moon Realm, even the Void Sovereigns couldn't do anything to him.

Moreover, he held a Judgment weapon that could completely destroy Lunar Monsters. It could directly eliminate its essence through its husk.

Die quickly, my contractor! Die quickly and let me return to the Moon Realm! Stop struggling!

It was extremely anxious and wished it could shout.

The Stumbling Demon, which had been struck a few meters away by a bolt of lightning, had just recovered. Its sickly and vigorous vitality constantly surged, causing it to shake its head and charge over persistently as if it was anxious to save its Moon Realm ally.

Cass had no choice but to divert another portion of his attention to resist the Stumbling Demon.

Can't this idiot let me die in peace?

It was also at this moment that the connection between the Nightmare Maid and its contractor in the ether domain was suddenly severed.

It looked in surprise at the center of the tomb. The short-lived false god had sunken into a silent abyss created by the Calamity, and his aura had completely disappeared.

However, a few seconds later, it realized that the contract between them hadn't been broken.

The Nightmare Maid, who was waiting for the Moon Realm to recall it, remained where it was. Its body showed no signs of turning into black salt crystals and dissipating.

Why?

The Nightmare Maid didn't have the time to think of the reason. It directly asked Cass, who was strangling it with its intact arm, in an extremely mocking tone, "Hero, isn't the power obtained by sacrificing that faerie very powerful?"

Slap!

The Stumbling Demon was blasted back by a bucket-thick bolt of lightning again. Thorn-like charred patterns covered its entire body, and thick gray spore clouds began to spread around it.

"You'll soon experience for yourself whether I'm strong or not, ant!" Cass said to the Nightmare Maid with a tyrannical and crazy expression. He didn't even realize that there was a huge problem with the way he addressed it.

Looking at the dense lightning in the other party's hand that was about to liquefy, the Nightmare Maid smiled smugly.

The other party was indeed affected by the cruel and tyrannical God King in Blackwater mythology, Oka. He would lose his mind with just a little provocation.

However, just as the lightning-grasping fist was about to shatter its head, a Frost Barrier appeared out of thin air in front of the Nightmare Maid.

An instant flash of brilliance appeared and frost fragments splattered everywhere.