Chapter 86: Blacklight City

"Candidate? What candidate?"

Roy was a little stunned.

After hearing William's plan to revamp the Holy Spirits Church in the Blackwater Swamp, Roy's emotions changed from confusion to fear.

She was an ordinary clergywoman of the Sealing Temple, a mere priestess in the Church. Why was she suddenly assigned a mission to rebuild the Blackwater Province's Holy Spirits Church?

And she was directly placed in charge?

What did she do to deserve that?

"I'm just asking you to explain what happened at the Sealing Temple to the bishop. Then, work with Vincent and redesign the parish in the Blackwater Swamp, reopen the Church of the Seven Holy Spirits, and carry out missionary relief activities. Don't overcomplicate this matter."

This was William's explanation.

"But only the Patriarch of the Central Church has the authority to set out plans for a parish and open a church..." Roy subconsciously replied.

William sneered and said," Actually, I plan on trying to contact the Central Church first, but I don't think they will respond to our request."

Roy fell silent.

The tragedy in Red Spring Town was enough to explain the situation. The Holy Spirits Church had completely abandoned them.

However, that wasn't what she really wanted to ask.

After some hesitation, she asked, "But you know that I'm a..."

"Faithless."

William finished her sentence and said, "Isn't that good? In any case, my Eighth Holy Spirit title was faked by later generations."

Fake idols and fake believers were probably the most suitable recipe ingredients for religions.

...

In William's era, the Nakuland area wasn't included in the Blackwater Kingdom.

In fact, even in the era when the various kingdoms on the continent were at loggerheads and yearned for territory the most, no faction had thought of making that place their goal of conquest.

This was because it was hard to call what was in Nakuland order. If one had to describe it, it was like the sewers of the entire Vic Continent, or rather, a place of exiles.

The reason was that a war that couldn't be traced back to its origins had caused the land of Nakuland to suffer an eternal curse. No matter what crop was planted there, the fruits produced would be shriveled and bitter. Children who grew up eating food here were more prone to deformities and curses of madness than elsewhere on the Vic Continent.

In addition, other than the especially ferocious wild beasts nearby, there were no rare minerals or natural resources, causing Nakuland to be a dump used by the major factions to exile prisoners for many years.

During the Unification War, Terra I conquered this land.

William didn't know if the other party wanted to farm for achievements by unifying the continent. After all, it was undoubtedly easier not to occupy a place like this than to occupy it.

The historical records also proved this. When Terra I reigned, Nakuland existed as an individual province. Back then, the Platinum Palace constantly invested resources in hopes of establishing order there.

However, after his son, Terra II, succeeded the throne, he stopped this assistance because he realized that this place was financially a bottomless hole. Therefore, he completely quit. Nakuland was subsequently integrated into the Blackwater Province.