• Chapter 5 •

Warning: This chapter contains drugs.

• Chapter 5 •
______

"Are you a little more calm now? What can I do to boost you up?" Luna asks.

Richard was sat on the couch, taking gulps of whiskey that was now halfway in the glass cup he drank in.

"I'm good. Also, wanted to give you this. One was supposed to be given on your birthday but, you know how that went." He reached over by the drawers beside the tv.

Next thing you know he's pulling out roses and a stack of money and offering it to her.

"Happy late birthday gorgeous."

Her mouth opens, her eyes widened, her hands on her face in disbelief. She shakes her head denying everything but the roses.

"N-no you- this must have been money your saving up- no I don't want it, keep it Richard I can't take that."

Richard forces the money into her hands.

"I want you to keep it. My pockets are good don't worry, now take it and don't say another word about it."

She bites onto her lip and reaches over to him applying her lips onto his.

"Thank you, it's just too much. No one would ever do that for me."

He nods and smirks. Luna stands up and searches for a vase. When she does, she fills it up with water and puts the roses inside.

"Can you take me back to my house?" Luna pleads all with excitement, a smile never leaving her face.

"course kiddo."

They gather whatever they need and make their way out of the front door. Music blasts from the next door neighbors apartment which doesn't seem to bother Richard the slightest bit. Seems like they did this almost all the time.

"they don't have the slightest bit of good taste in music." Richard chuckles.

Luna laughs. They both walk down the cracked steps until they reach the concrete floor. The building walls caved in, each sharing a decal of removable vinyl that was splattered with dirts, liquids and possibly a bit of mold. As this gave away, the building was cheap and looked like it was ready to break apart. Of course Luna was very neurotic to even speak on the buildings looks. Maybe Richard had lived here for plenty of years and a new apartment was the last thing on his mind.

When they reach the outside and begin the journey to Richards Toyota Corolla which had a tint of dark and bright orange, the air hits their faces. Their curly dark colored hair breezing back, brushing against their shoulders causing Luna to smile like a little kid. It was late; Night sky's carried a vibe.

The car ride was loud, music blaring through the streams of the radios, full volume and heavy metal rock hard. Windows all the way down; Luna was giggling, screaming lryics, and then stopped when she finds them both speeding down a highway. Her house was never this far.

She turns the music down in need for an answer. "Hey where you taking me? My house was never this far."

"Just gotta pick something up from my cousin, It'll be quick, he wastes no time." Richard speeds more to make the ride quick to which, Luna accepts.