t w e n t y e i g h t

i hate who i was before 

i fear i wont live to see the day tomorrow 

T H E Y WERE IN THE WOODS again, the crisp cold air engulfing them. Giving a mere allusion of protection, however feeling protected was the last thing Eden felt. Instead, she felt rage. Pure, filthy rage at the idea that Jacob suddenly pulled a switch and decided it didn't feel right for Eden to fight with them. As if she didn't have the same worries about him being injured, or even worse, killed. 

"You're not fighting? What, you pull a muscle or something?" Jacob sarcastically muttered to Edward, deciding he would rather pretend as though nothing was wrong. Eden pursed her lips as annoyance scratched at her. They were going fine, she knew relationships were not always all daisies and rainbows but Jacob couldn't have chosen a worse time than now to throw a tantrum. 

"He's doing it for me. Okay?" Bella cried out, at Jacob who in return looked between her and Edward. The vampire shook his head with disdain.

"Whatever, can you just tell us the plan." Eden interrupted, unable to handle the conversation. Jasper took this as his introduction as he suddenly took a step forward, looking between the three. 

"This field will give us an advantage in battle. We need to lure the newborns with Bella's scent. it needs to end here."

"Edward and I are going on a campsite. Even if he carries me, they'll still pick up our scents" Bella replied, biting her lip nervously as she pulled a strand of her hair behind her ear. 

"Your stench, however, is revolting." Edward bit out, glaring at Jacob who rolled his eyes in return. 

"Dude, you really don't want to start comparing stinks."

"How about, I carry Bella? My scent will mask hers" Eden suddenly spoke up, feeling useless and knowing it would further annoy Jacob with a slight grin on her face. 

"No." Jacob said, scowling as he looked at his imprint. Eden barely managed to even finish her sentence and he was already disagreeing. 

"That sounds good to me" Bella replied, shrugging. 

"This is not a good idea" Edward said, shaking his head once again as he furrowed his eyebrows. The vampire was trying to think of a different plan, however, Eden knew it was between her and Jacob who would have to carry Bella and she knew Edward would rather expose himself to humans once again than have Jacob be anywhere near Bella. 

"Edward, would you rather it be Jacob?" Jasper pointed out, making Edward go quiet and at that Eden and Bella exchanged wide grins.