1. How Much Can a Heart Take?

🔊Play Song for the Vibes: How much Can a Heart Take - Lucky Daye & Yebba🔊

RAZLYN BATES POV

I am so sick of this shit.

My lease is up, I have one week left until I move out, and I have $500 left in my savings.

I can't find a fucking job, and I just can't BELIEVE how high everything is right now! What the hell am I going to do?!

Right now, it's looking like I need to either be a stripper or go put my shit in storage and live out of my car because New York is not an option!

I'm not asking my parents for help, hell no. I don't care how hard things get, I'll never ask them for any help..

My parents are old, bougie, and "holy" and their hypocrisy makes me sick.. I don't have the time, nor the patience for their shit so I need to figure something out, and quickly.

All of these jobs are going for $12 an hour and the rent for a studio apartment is $1500!

Who the hell's gonna pay for that in Shreveport!? Seriously?

You know what? Screw it. I'm going to be a fucking stripper. Yup. I made up my mind.

I don't know how to work a pole, but imma go down to that club right now and hope they hire me on the spot! Something's gotta give.

~~~

I drove down to the strip club downtown and got out of my car. I can't lie, I'm nervous as hell. My goal is to just get put on, work for a few months and hope that I could find a decent priced apartment and not be living on the streets.

As long as my bills are paid I'm good at this point, I gotta do what I gotta do and I don't have much of a choice.

When I walked inside of the club, the handler Dee-Dee greeted me. She seemed nice at first, but after our greetings, she quickly got to the point and with an attitude. Smacking her lips with that flavorless ass bubble gum..

Dee-dee: You have the face and body sweetheart.. but, go do something with your hair and we can figure things out from there when you come back. Kay?

Raz: Uh, What's wrong with my hair? *rolls neck in disbelief*

Dee-dee: *looks me up and down* It's not long enough sweetheart, 22 inches or longer. Our fellas like to tug on that shit in the V.I.P area.. Come back with the hair, you got the job.