5

PART 5
The next morning Sai was standing at the gate Chavan Niwas. She was here at her husband's house, at her house but did she have the right to say that? She didn't even know how to feel.
"Let's go in" came Ashwini's voice.
Ashwini - Welcome to the house Sai.
As they entered the house. Sai looked around the house and a lone tear escaped her eye. Then came a voice.
Bhavani - What is this girl doing here? Ashwini what do you think you're doing by getting this girl to our house?
Ashwini - Vahini...the girl you're referring to is the daughter in law of this house, Virat's wife and the would be mother of his child.
Ninad - Child? What're you talking about Ashwini?
Ashwini - That's right Ninad. Sai is pregnant with Virat's child, our son's child.
Bhavani - But Virat has lost his memory. And her being pregnant doesn't change the fact that we don't accept her as the daughter in law of this house.
Ashwini - You accepting or not doesn't make any difference Vahini because that won't change the truth.
Bhavani - We don't care about the truth. Hey..girl just get out of here right now.
Ashwini - Sai is not going anywhere.
Bhavani - Ashwini how dare you go against me?
Ashwini - I'm not trying to disrespect you or anyone Vahini but if it comes to my daughter in law...my children I will go against everyone for them.
Bhavani - I think it's our bad luck only that this is happening with us. I don't know how did Virat get married to her?
Omkar - I'm sure this girl must've manipulated our Virat to marry her.
Ninad - You're right Omi that's why Virat never came back to us even though he was alive. This must've done something.
Bhavani - You both are right actually. That's why all of this happened. We don't even know what kind of family this girl belongs from? She must've saw a good well settled boy and manipulated him to marry her.
Sai - Enough! I've had enough. First of all nothing against my family, I won't tolerate that. I didn't manipulate him to marry him it was the circumstances that forced us to get married nor did I ever stop him from coming back to his family, how could have I? I didn't even know he had a family, he never told me. And as for being well settled, I'm a scholar doctor. I earn way more than your son and have the ability to solely earn more than everyone in this house combined. I didn't come here by choice. I didn't want to come here, it was Aai who convinced me to. I came here for Aai because I couldn't refuse her.
Bhavani - Wow, what a respectful daughter in law she is.
Ashwini - She didn't disrespect you all Vahini. It was you guys who were disrespecting her, she just answered you. All this will keep going, come Sai I'll show you to your room.
Ashwini showed Sai to her room.
Ashwini - This is your room Sai. Please be comfortable and let me know if you need anything. You have to take good care of yourself because it's not just you but your baby too. You've been through too much stress in the past few days. And Sai as your Aai I promise to always be with you, stand by you no matter what.
And emotional Sai just hugged Ashwini. Ashwini caressed Sai's head and spoke.
Ashwini - (softly) Sai...don't cry my child.
Breaking the hug Sai spoke.
Sai - You're just too good and pure Aai. You know I never had a Aai, my Aaba was both my Aai and Baba but then I lost him too. And now I found my Aai in you.
Ashwini - Awww...don't worry Sai, this Aai of yours will always be with you. Now come on go change, I'll get you food and then you just take rest because you really need that. Sai smiled.