6

PART 6
It had been a few days now that Sai had been living in Chavan Niwas. Though there were indirect taunts but Sai didn't responded to them. She didn't want to create any kinda scene. She was always way too stressed for all that. She just focused on herself and taking care of her baby while Aai provided her with all her love and and care. But living in Chavan Niwas only made her ask numerous question which she found no answers to.
It was the days Virat was supposed to come home after getting discharged from the hospital. Sai couldn't even go meet him in the hospital. How could she meet him when he didn't even remember her. Keeping her concern and hurt in her heart she controlled herself because she had no choice.
Just then Ashwini walked in and told Sai that Virat had reached. Sai rushed out to the main door to see him. But then her heart ached on what she saw. Virat was standing at the door and Patralekha holding his hand. Bhavani did his aarti and they came inside.
Bhavani - Thank you Bappa that our Virat is back home well and fine.
Ninad - Yes it's by Bappa's grace that Virat is all okay now. Thank you Bappa. We missed you son.
Little talks went on for sometime when Virat suddenly noticed Sai.
Virat - Who is she Aai?
Ashwini - Virat...she's Sai.
Virat - Sai?
Ashwini - Yes she's my friends daughter in law and is staying with us for sometime.
Virat - Oh! But if I'm not wrong isn't she the one at the hospital when I woke up?
Ashwini - Aahh... yes yes, that's because she's a doctor too.
Virat - Oh okay. Hey Sai hope you like it here.
Sai without saying a word just went to her room. Her heart couldn't take and tears automatically rolled down her cheeks. Just then Ashwini came to her room.
Sai - Aai why have you got me here? Why? I can't live here.
Ashwini - What are you even saying Sai? You're the daughter in law of this house and Virat's wife, who else is supposed to be here?
Sai - It doesn't matter anymore. Nothing matters. He doesn't even remember me. He's there with the person he loves, the person he has always loves, his Pakhi. I was just a burden on him, just his responsibility. A forced phase of his life. All the doesn't matter anymore.
Ashwini - Sai listen, you're my daughter in law and no matter if someone remembers or doesn't remember, accepts or doesn't accept living here is your right. And you will live here for me Sai.
Sai - But Aai...
Ashwini - No buts or anything now Sai. I can't see you cry and all this stress isn't good for you or the baby so please relax and take some rest. I'll call you when dinner's served.
Ashwini left while Sai kept thinking about everything that has happened with her. What did life want from her? What did fate have for her?