10

PART 10
Virat : This is the baby!?
Sai : Yes Virat sir that's our..uhh...I mean...that's the baby.
Virat's heart warmed. He just felt as if someone breathed life back into him. All that sense of loss, that hollowness just disappeared in that moment.
Sai : I had my first sonography appointment yesterday and I got these photos yesterday. You're the only one who've I shown it to.
Virat had absolutely no idea how to react. What he felt at that moment was indefinable, way beyond his understanding.
Virat : Thank you Sai for allowing me to be part of this.
Now Sai didn't know what to say to that, she just gave him a faint smile as Virat spoke further.
Virat : You know Sai I've been feeling lost ever since the accident. I don't know why but there's this strange feeling of hollowness inside me. But in this moment all of it just faded away. I can't explain to you what am I even feeling. It's just surreal.
And at that moment Virat poured his heart out to Sai. Something he was keeping all to himself because even he didn't understand it himself. But he shared it with her, maybe because he found the solace in her which he didn't find with anyone else.
Virat : I've always wanted to become a dad Sai. I love kids and having my own is a dream. I wish to have my family, in this big world my own little world. Being able to bring a life into this world and raising it is the biggest blessing. You're lucky to have been blessed with it. I hope and pray that you and your baby always stay happy Sai, always.
Sai's heart pained. In all these years he has never expressed his wish of becoming a father of having a family of their own. How was she supposed to tell he is about to bring a life into this world and that he's going to have a family of his own, his own little world when they were probably never even a part of his world.
Virat : I promise I'll take the best care of you and your baby.
Sai : Why Virat sir? You don't have to, I can take care of myself and I have Aai too so I'm alright.
Virat : I want to Sai. I want to take care of you. Getting you ice cream and looking at the sonogram photos is the only time that hollowness has ever left me, so please let me take care of you.
Sai : But I don't need you to Virat sir.
Virat : You don't need it Sai but I do. And I've observed you Sai, I can sense that there's something wrong in your life, I don't know what and I don't even want to invade your personal matters. But you don't seem happy Sai and that's not good for you in during this phase so I will do my best to take care of you. And I think you should sleep and I should leave now. Good night Sai.
Sai sat there baffled pondering upon what is happening in her life. She didn't understand how is she supposed to even react? What is she supposed to do? What does life want from her and what is in store for her in the future?
Virat as he reached his room sat on his bed cerebrating about it all. How looking at those sonogram photos made him feel what he had never felt before. How it just warmed his heart. How it just filled that void he had even for a few moments. Why was it that he was feeling so connected? And unknowingly he was just smiling.