Chapter 2 - Encounters

PoV Hanzo.

The road to the Scarlet Devil Mansion stretched before me. Moonlight bathed the landscape, casting ethereal shadows that danced along the sides of the road. I continued my journey.

In the distance, I noticed a subtle shift in the atmosphere. The air grew colder, and a soft hum reverberated through the surroundings.

The tranquility of the night was soon shattered by a giggle that echoed through the trees. I tensed, my senses alert as I scanned the surroundings. A figure emerged from the shadows, revealing a girl with flowing blue hair and a blue dress.

???: Well, well, what do we have here?

The girl's eyes sparkled with an icy glow as she floated in the air, surrounded by an aura of icy elegance.

Hanzo: Who... or what are you?

Cirno: Cirno, the strongest! Don't forget it!

Cirno, self-proclaimed as the strongest, struck a pose. It seemed more comical than intimidating.

Hanzo: Cirno, huh? I'm Hanzo, nice to meet you.

Cirno: Hanzo, eh? I have never heard of you.

Deciding that I didn't want anyone to know that I am an outsider I decided to make up a lie.

Hanzo: Well, I uh, I just hadn't been outside of my shelter much. So, it is not a surprise if no one knows me here.

Cirno: I see, what are you doing here then?

Hanzo: I'm heading to the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Cirno's expression shifted to one of curiosity.

Cirno: Scarlet Devil Mansion? What business do you have there?

Hanzo: Just looking for some answers and maybe a place to stay.

Cirno pondered this for a moment, then grinned mischievously.

Cirno: If you want to get to the mansion, you'll have to go through me first!

Hanzo: Huh? Why? Is this some kind of test?

Cirno: Test? Nah, just a little fun. I'll show you how strong I am!

Without warning, Cirno conjured a flurry of ice shards, sending them hurtling towards me. I dodged instinctively, the cold breeze from the projectiles brushing against my skin. It seemed Cirno was serious about proving her strength.

As the confrontation unfolded, I realized something crucial—I didn't know how to fight or conjure attacks like the fairy. The intricate dance of bullets and patterns was foreign to me; I could only dodge her attacks with no way of fighting back.

Cirno: You're pretty nimble. But can you keep up?

Hanzo: I'm doing my best here!

The exchange continued, with the moonlit night witnessing the clash between an outsider and the self-proclaimed strongest fairy. Cirno's icy attacks intensified, creating a dazzling display of frozen beauty against the dark canvas of Gensokyo.

Despite the odds, I managed to hold my own through sheer determination and a bit of luck. 

Cirno, for all her boastfulness, seemed to enjoy the challenge.

Cirno: Not bad, you're tougher than I thought.

Hanzo: Thanks, Cirno. That was... something.

Cirno: Heh, you're not like the usual youkai I encounter. Most of them run away or scream for mercy.