Chapter 6 - Imperishable Night ( part 1 )

PoV: Hanzo

I am in love with star sign spells - lasers, beams, stars, and meteors, all in all, a destructive arsenal in my repertoire.

It took me a month to learn the three spells that I wrote down: Star Sign "The Great Radiance", Star Sign "Astral Beam Barrage" and Star Sign "All Star".

Additionally, I tried creating a spell of my own. I wanted to create a spell that casts a dark veil around me, making it harder for my opponent to see. The problem was that it was also causing me issues until I managed to adjust the magic particles to suit my vampiric vision. I named it Scarlet Devil Sign "Lunar Eclipse".

Right now, I have seven spells under my belt. But these days have been rather peaceful. Aside from Cirno's daily challenge, there is no one I can have a duel with. Oh well, at least I will be able to visit the human village since today is the harvest festival. Come to think of it, I have yet to visit this village since my arrival here. I was so absorbed with my job and magic practice that I completely forgot about it.

I sigh and look up at the moon.

Hanzo: Hmm... The moon looks funny today.

Meanwhile...

Remilia: Sakuya! Something is wrong.

Sakuya: Is it about the moon, Ojou-sama?

Remilia: Indeed, Patchy told me that if things stay as they are, we will end up in an Eternal night. While I find it ideal for me, Patchy told me that it will affect the humans considering that they are mostly active during the day. In turn, it will affect Gensokyo as a whole.

Sakuya: I see... Should I go investigate?

Remilia: Yes, and I will come with you since it has been a while since the last time I went on a journey.

Sakuya: Alright, Ojou-sama, I will go prepare right now.

No one noticed Flandre in the corner with a mischievous smile on her face.

.

.

.

Hanzo: This night is rather lengthy.

I was cleaning Flandre-sama's room as a daily routine when suddenly the door burst open, and Flandre-sama jumped at me.

Flandre: Hanzo! Hanzo!

Hanzo: Yes, that's me.

Flandre: Let's go play outside.

Hanzo: Flandre-sama, weren't you instructed to stay here?

Flandre: Yes.

Hanzo: If you go outside then Remilia-sama will get angry at you.

Flandre: Yes.

Hanzo: ...So, we can't go.

Flandre: Hanzo... Let me ask you a question.

Hanzo: Hm?

Flandre: Who is your mistress? Me or my sister?

Hanzo: You are, of course.

Flandre: Who should you be obeying?

Hanzo: ...You.

Flandre: We are going.

I sighed, knowing that I will get punished either way.

Hanzo: Yes, Flandre-sama...

Flandre-sama grabs my hand and pulls me out of her room and out of the mansion.