𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝.

(POV: Ava)

(POV: Ava)

How far will you go for a friend?

They ask and I would respond, "Not too far since many have betrayed me."

How far will you go for a family member?

"Not far enough either, the only ones I have don't even treat me well nor understand me."

Even when I have pleaded for love and care by my family, it never comes. I just wanted a normal life, but instead I got probably one of the worst ones.

Mrs. Thorpe: "How do you cope with anger at home, Ava?"

These past days I've been visiting a small therapy conservatory. It's worked well, but it's hard to speak about my life. I know I shouldn't be scared but I still can't control my feelings, it's hard to say everything in front of others.

Mrs. Thorpe, is one of the most known therapists in this town. She used to own a hospital but it mysteriously burned out a couple of years ago so she started to work in this town.

The day after last week's horrible night, I instantly reached for help. I can't deal with everything I'm going through, not just with that psycho...but also with my parents. They make everything harder for me, it sometimes makes me wonder how does my brother Damen deals with it? Then I remember he drinks, smokes, fights and doesn't give zero fucks about anything.

It's annoying being his twin sister to be completely honest.

Mrs. Thorpe: "Ava, are you listening?" -the woman asked while staring at me, wonder surrounding her expression.

The other people in the room only glanced at me with confused glances.

This circle of people are all going through different situations, but all have one thing in common.

We are all angry and frustrated with our lives.

Ava: "I'm sorry, I got distracted...what was the question?"-I apologized, nervously scratching the back of my neck.

Mrs. Thorpe: "It's okay, Ava. My question was...how do you cope with your anger?"

My eyes darted towards my surroundings, my stomach ached over the nerves that were eating me up. I crossed my arms as I sat on a wooden chair, proceeding to look at the woman.

Ava: "I-uuhh, I feel like I don't sometimes.
There's barely any peace at home, I only try drawing some sketches. It's what helps me get distracted and forget about what happens."

Sometimes I miss talking to old friends, I pushed them away myself. But, I end up feeling betrayed because they didn't put any effort in staying with me. They didn't support me with what I was going through, but it is also my fault and I shouldn't put the blame on them.