Chapter 1: The Friend (Part 1)

9 am. The begining of September

Elias was one step away from entering the new school. He looks at the school and and exhales deeply
ELIAS: This is it then.... New school, here I come!
Elias enters the school and is in shock. The school was big and bright.
ELIAS: Holy mama.... Right, I need to find the desk to enter in, and we'll see what to do next..
Eli goes to the desk and sees a lady who was on her computer.
ELIAS: Uhhh... Miss?
LADY: Oh! Hello! Welcome to Trolberg Elementary school! How can I help you?
ELIAS: Yeah...I am a new student and I wanna receive my textbooks, please.
LADY: First name and surname?
ELIAS: Elias Manning
LADY: Ok.....Ah! Yes! You're the new one right?
ELIAS: Yessir! Sorry) That's what we say in America.
LADY: *laughs* It's alright! Can you show me your card? I'll scan it
ELIAS: Ok! Here it is!

LADY: *laughs* It's alright! Can you show me your card? I'll scan itELIAS: Ok! Here it is!

You actually get to meet the principal!
ELIAS: Oh man...
The lady calls the principal and soonly after, the principal comes in. The principal was as tall as Elias.
PRINCIPAL: Hello Elias! I'm Principal Magnusson. Welcome to Trolberg elementary!
ELIAS: Good morning....sir! It's....nice to meet you!
PRINCIPAL: Is everything ok?
ELIAS: Yep! Absolutely! Uhhh.... I'm a bit nervous. New city, new country, and mostly...new people!
PRINCIPAL: It's ok! You'll get used to it pretty soon! Let me show you around!
Principal Magnusson showed Eli all the school classes, a gym and even a basketball court!
ELIAS: Man, this is awesome! The fact that there is a basketball court in the school, that's an A+!
PRINCIPAL: Haha! I see you like it a lot! Now let's go to my office so you can get your textbooks!
ELIAS: Ok! Lets go!
Elias and Principal Magnusson walked up the stairs and Eli sees the students.
PRINCIPAL: These are our students!
ELIAS: Wow, everyone wears the same uniform!
You guys have a dress code?
PRINCIPAL: Yes. You need to wear a uniform here. It's not like America where everyone wears different clothes.
ELIAS: Ok....
That moment, Eli sees a girl, who was Hilda. Hilda was chatting with her friends, Frida and David.
ELIAS: Man, I like that blue-haired girl!
PRINCIPAL: Oh! That's Hilda. She's a nice girl!
ELIAS: It sure is a nice school, if you ask me!
PRINCIPAL: Thank you Elias! I think you will fit perfectly here! Fun fact, this school used to be elementary!
ELIAS: Interesting...How so?
PRINCIPAL: A secondary school was shut down a few months ago, so our school became secondary! We still have elementary school here!
Anyways, here's my office!
Principal Magnusson arrives at his office and shows the stack of textbooks.
PRINCIPAL: Here are your textbooks, Elias!
Elias was shocked. There were 12 textbooks!
ELIAS: 😳😳😳 At my old school, we have electronic textbooks in laptops! And now THIS?!
PRINCIPAL: Ha! This is our education system. Like I said, you'll get used to it!
Elias puts all his textbooks in his backpack.
ELIAS: OOOF! It's a heavy one! Good thing I'm strong! Well, better I should go to my class!
What's next on my schedule?
PRINCIPAL: Nothing! You have a day off today, tomorrow you will start learning! Here is your lesson table, or «schedule» as you like to call it) The uniform is also here.
ELIAS: Thanks, Principal Magnusson! Much appreciation! I'll just wander around, if you don't mind. Bye!
PRINCIPAL: Oh! Not at all! Goodbye!
Eli exits the office.
ELIAS: Let's look around shall we? Also, that blue-haired girl...I like her! I mean I didn't fell in love with her or anything! Just... I like her!
*after the lessons*
Eli was in the playground
ELIAS: It's lovely here! Wish my school had this kind of playground.
Soonly after, The trio of Hilda, Frida and David came out.
ELIAS: *gasps* It's Hilda! And her friends as well! Gotta get a close eye on her!
Hilda was chatting with her friends.
HILDA: Anyway guys, you wanna stay here?
FRIDA: Hilda, don't you remember? We are going to Kaisa to the library!
HILDA: Oh. Shoot, I forgot. I'll catch you up, ok?
DAVID: Ok, be quick though!
HILDA: Got it! See you then!
Frida and David leave the playground. Hilda is looking at the playground and looks towards Eli
ELIAS: Crap! She's looking at me! Look away, Eli! Look away!!
HILDA: Ah! This playground is awesome!
Suddenly, some big guys appeared and stood next to Hilda. They were bullies!
BULLY: Aye you, Billie Eilish!
HILDA: Uhh. Are you talking to me? My name is Hilda and...
BULLY: Yeah you! Gimme that!
The Bully snatches a textbook from Hilda.
HILDA: Hey! That's mine!
BULLY: Have you ever heard about sharing?
The bully throws the book at Hilda and it hits her head!
HILDA: Ow!!
Eli knew he had to intervene and come to Hilda's aid.
ELIAS: Hey you! Big guy! Whatcha doin to her?! Leave her alone!
The bully looks towards Elias.
BULLY: The hell are you? Her boyfriend???
ELIAS: NO! Leave that girl alone you piece of crap!
BULLY: WHATCHA SAY?!?!?!
The bully with fire in his eyes ran over to Eli, but he did not expect the following action of Eli. Elias kicked the bully to his chin so hard he fell down.
BULLY: OOOWW!!!
HILDA: 😱😱
ELIAS: YOU LIKE THAT?!?!
BULLY: IT HURTS SO BAD!!!! GET HIM GUYS!
The other bullies started to attack. The brawl began, but surprisingly no one was paying to much attention, except Eli and the bullies.
Finally, Eli took down all the bullies. They were lying on the ground moaning in pain.
Elias sees Hilda shocked on what just happened and decides to talk to her.
ELIAS: You okay girl?
HILDA: Yeah....You could've just used words! Not fighting!
ELIAS: Listen. I've been dealing with these types of dudes for most of my school life. I know that words are not good enough for these guys. So you have to deal like....like this.
HILDA: You manhandled them pretty good I should say.....By the way, I'm Hilda! Great to meet you!
ELIAS: *shakes hands* I'm Elias, call me Eli. Remember one thing Hilda, secondary school could be a bit more dangerous than you think. Just be ready, ok?
HILDA: Ok! Gotta go now. My friends are waiting for me.
ELIAS: Got it. See y'a!
Hilda gets a call on her phone. It was Frida
HILDA: Hello? Sorry Frida, Im running!
FRIDA: Hilda! Don't run! Kaisa is out today. They told us that in 2 days she'll be back.
HILDA: Ohh.... Ok. Do we have sparrow scouts today?
FRIDA: Nope! But tomorrow we do!
HILDA: Ok, should we hang out or...
FRIDA: David is home now. I'm going home too.
HILDA: Fine! See you tomorrow!
Elias was ready to walk out, but Hilda stopped him.
HILDA: Eli!
ELIAS: Yes?
HILDA: Are you new here?
ELIAS: Yeah! I'm new to Trolberg, actually. Hardly know anything around here.
HILDA: I can give you a tour. If you want. What do you say?
ELIAS: Hmmm.... You seem like a fitting person! Of course! Show me around!
HILDA: Nice! Lets go!
Hilda and Elias exited the school and head towards the city.