Chapter 5: The Birthday (Part 1)

!!!Warning: Graphic Violence and Blood Content Ahead!!!
Please be advised that this chapter contains insane scenes of violence and bloodshed that may be disturbing to some readers. Even I had goosebumps while writing. Reader discretion is strongly advised. You have been warned.

Early April.

It has been 6 months since Eli moved to Trolberg. Eli feels good about it. Hilda, Frida and David were the best friends he ever met, especially Hilda. She was the kindest to him. Both went on walks, going to the skate park, where Eli taught Hilda some skateboard tricks, they both were goofing around, and Eli even taught Hilda how to wrestle properly. Eli and Hilda were so close together not only litteraly, but figuratively. They were....almost dating! As friends though.

*Saturday* *9 AM* *Hilda's home*

Hilda was peacefully sleeping in her bed. Twig, Alfur and Johanna were outside of Hilda's room. Johanna was holding Hilda's favorite cake, with vanila filling and berries, and the red frosting on the cake said: HILDA 14. It also had 14 candles. Today it was a special day. It was Hilda's 14th Birthday.

JOHANNA: Alright, Alfur. We need to check when Hilda gets up from bed.

ALFUR: Are your vocal cords ready to sing "Happy Birthday"?

JOHANNA: They sure are!

Hilda starts waking up. Twig, Alfur and Johanna come inside to sing the song:

JOHANNA AND ALFUR:

🎵 Happy Birthday to you!🎵

🎵 Happy Birthday to you, Hilda!🎵

🎵 Happy Birthday to you!!!🎵

Hilda sees it and smiles.

HILDA: Aww! Thanks guys!

ALFUR: Alright Hilda, blow out the candles!

Hilda blows out the candles. Everyone cheers.

HILDA: Thanks, mum!

Hilda and Johanna eat the cake in bed. Alfur and Twig also has some cake.

JOHANNA: You have a plan for today?

HILDA: I just want to hangout with my friends, thats all. We'll come in the evening.

JOHANNA: Oooh! This evening you will have a big suprise! Come back home in the evening.

HILDA: Ok! Im meating up with Elias soon. We will go to the Salty Maiden and meet up Frida and David. After that we wanna walk to a special place-my old home. And then probably walk in the nature

JOHANNA: Really? Why our old house? You know we had a bad time there 2 years ago?

HILDA: I know! Just wanna relive the memories.

JOHANNA: Well, if you say so. Be carefull!

HILDA: Got it! Twig? You want to come with me?

Twig nodded. Alfur could'nt go because if work. Hilda understands Alfur. Hilda grabs her backpack

Hilda leaves the house and looks around a bit. At that moment, her neighbor and best friend Elias was leaving his house.

ELI: Alright, grandma! You know the drill! See you there!