XV

DAE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Dae remained on the floor for a few more minutes, staring at the marbled floor of the princess, her mind blank, she was incapable of thinking any other things, except the sensation she had just felt.

Her face burns at the humiliation she felt, after reaching her completion only for the princess to left her there feeling empty and confused... Weren't they supposed to be friends? Was it just that? Does even loyal friends do this? Wasn't she supposed to somehow
.... Comfort her? Tell her that it's alright, tell her that she did a good job? Dae slowly turns to look a the open door of the bathroom, waiting... Perhaps the princess would return to her? Perhaps she just did something?

So she remained, kneeling.
She remained like that for a couple of minutes until someone enters... She thought it was the princess, but she was surprised to see lady Odette, at first the senescent woman looked at her startled, before shaking her head and releasing a sigh, she stepped out of the bathroom only to come back carrying a dry towel, she pulled Dae up to her feet. Only then did Dae seems to notice her wet mouth and neck, she tried to wipe it using the sleeve of her dress but Odette stops her.

"Tis is not proper for a lady to do." Odette gently wipe her mouth and neck with the towel, while shaking her head.

"She shouldn't be doing this, even if she despise her father so much." The woman spoke more to herself as she helps Dae with cleaning herself.

"If he ever notices this, he will quickly pull her to the gallows." Dae paled at the notion, she stared at her wide eyed. And upon seeing her reaction, she felt pity to this young lost soul.

"Just.... Just be careful. If you care for the princess, be careful." The woman then tuck a lose strand of hair behind Dae's ear... She fixes her hair, then her dress once more, she looks at her from head to toe... Dae stared at her for a moment... Is this how it felt.... Having a mother?

"There... You're all good, now go and head to the library, your Instructress is waiting for you." She gently usher Dae out of the bathroom, Dae walk out of the room... Mind still swimming from all the had happened in span of an hour and a half. She reached the library in a blur, and finished her lessons in a blur. Everything was a blur... Until her brother visited her and pulled her with him to take a walk.

" Father is inquiring about your current status." He began as they take a peaceful walk, a peace that she knows wouldn't even last.

" What did you tell him?" She asked curious.

" What do you think I should tell him? When you're not even doing anything?" Dae flinch at his words and cowers when he glares at her... Dae knew that he would hit her at any moment, just one wrong word coming out of her mouth.

" T-the king hasn't returned yet... I don't what to do." She admitted, because her focus in this mission is to get the king.

" Well why don't you begin by murdering his wife?" Dae's eyes widen.

" That wasn't what Father told me to do-" She couldn't finish her sentence when his palm made contact with her cheek, the slap was hard that it echoed around the silent garden, she got dizzy and felt like she's going to fall. She wasn't give enough time to recover when his hand grab her arm, squeeze it hard making her cry.

" Do you take me for a fool you cunt? Do you think I have no idea what conversation you had with father? Didn't he tell you to kill his family? Hah?" He asked while shaking her, she began to sob as his nails dig into her flesh.

" Or have you forgotten it? Would you like me to remind you again? Perhaps a good beating will beat some senses to you?" Dae didn't answer, she was just staring at his a tears continue to stream from her eyes, she bit her lip trying to stop the sob that threatens to come out, she knew how they hated it when she cries loudly, it is often the reason why they beat her harder.