XIX

DAE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sweating... She's sweating too heavily, her stomach was twisting and her heart was drumming faster. Neviska stood behind her, looking at her through the mirror with a worried glance, after her conversation with the princess, Dae had decided to go back to her room, she hid the key between her breast so it wouldn't be lose, but the feeling of apprehension never quite leaves her. She knows that princess said to trust her, but she's scared of the King, just the thought of his hand on her makes her nervous. What should she do? She didn't get to dwell on her thought for long when he door burst opened, her brother stepped in looking red in the face.

"Why are you not outside? What the hell are you doing sulking inside your room?" He roars in anger, she and Neviska both took a step back, but Neviska had actually grab on her, ready to protect her In case he did something bad again.

" I... I am simply preparing myself brother." She told him, trying to persuade him, trying to ease his anger, but it seems like it's not working.

" Preparing? You're already good to look at! What is there to prepare you stupid cunt?!" She flinched when he took another threatening step towards her.

" T-the king is to arrive tonight. Some of the ladies told me it is best to-to take a long bath with peach scent to entice the king... I-i plan on visiting him tonight... And offer some wine to share with him." She told him, and watched as his expression relaxes, his anger was quick to fade, he took a breath and nod his head.

" Good... That's good. Father will be pleased." He then looks at Neviska from head to toe.

" What are you staring at? Go and prepare for your mistress's bath!" He shouted again chasing her away. Neviska left them, and closed the door on her way out... Now that it was just the two of them, he smiled and turn to look at her.

" So you're planning to visit him." He stated with a mischievous smile.

" You should wear something nice, perhaps as thin silk would do you fine." Dae shivers when his brother smirks and looked at her from head to toe, his eyes lingers on her chest.

" Despite being young your breast is quite peaking... It's pleasing." He stated before looking into her eyes, she remained frozen looking into him.

" When you go to him tonight, try to bed him." He approached her and grab her arm to steady her, he didn't grab to hard, but a warning was there.

" And when you're done whisper to his ear... Tell him what good match it would be, between me and the princess." Dae had almost snorted at his word... Him? What makes him think that he is good for her? That he is up to her level? Compared to her Fredrick is nothing, he would just make a fool of himself. He would look like nothing but a roach on her heels... Nothing but a hindrance to her Majesty.

"But why? Aren't you... Married already?" She asked him, as far as Dae can remember, all of her brothers and sisters are already married. Two of her sisters were said to have been married to higher lords of their kingdom. Marcus, the crown prince of Lysos married a foreign princess from the living Island. While Ignatius married one of their third cousins, Fredrick had been married to a daughter of a lesser Lord, because of an accident, in which he got her pregnant, Clerick on the other hand married for love... They said that he married a common woman that he met on the market.

"Why? His father could take as many whore as he likes, why can't I?" Dae's eyebrow furrowed.

"Because you aren't the king... But a second son." Before she could see it coming her brother had struck her. Dae felt dizzy.