XVI

PRINCESS ROSHANNE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was already late in the evening by the time that Alastair decided to visit her, she's still in her study finishing the last draft of proposal for the renovation of the waterbay market. There used to be a floating market there, one of their kingdoms tourist spots, but the flood last year had ruined it, and since the war, the council had been too busy to pay mind, Roshanne bit her lip, several letters had already been sent to them, people demanding they do something.

"I've heard you went to the temple of Imyrill.". It was the first thing he spoke now that he is standing by her side, he leans down to give her a kiss on her cheek.

"I talked to the Cardinal." She sets aside her plume and let the draft dry first. She looks up at him, he is still clad in his armor.

"And I heard you terrorize the king's slump again, butchering people as you please." He only smirks at her before leaning against her desk to look at her.

"I'm simply cleaning the streets... I wouldn't want it to be littered by criminals during your reign." She chuckles at his words. He placed his hand on her shoulder, and she held it rubbing his knuckles.

"There is a justice system brother, it was build and created for a reason. You can't just go around swinging your sword as you please." She reminded him.

" A justice system I cannot trust, unless it is your reign. There must be a changes sister." Roshanne smiled at him.

"Would you want me to make you my councilor of justice?" She inquires, she knows Alastair isn't just a knight, he has brain, he studies politics and history, he excell in his study in math and other things.

"No, I would rather be your councilor in foreign affairs." This made her furrow her eyebrow.

" I don't quite see you as a councilor in foreign affairs. My treasurer would suit you much better." She turns from him and fold the parchment on her desk and placed in on the basket that would be brought to the councilor of finances.

"You never told me last night what was really your plan." He spoke following her around the room as she returns few books from the shelves.

"And who's fault was that?" She asked him before turning to look at him.

"Well you couldn't blame me." He slowly approached her and put his hand around her waist. But before he could kiss her Roshanne placed her hand between their lips and spoke.

"I plan to make her Queen, because I will make her name me as the crown princess." She whispered to him, this made him stop.

"And how are you going to do that? Knowing it is only the king who has the power to do that." She smiles at him, shaking her head.

"I thought you studied history? Hmmm?" She removed her hand from his lips, when Alastair made the move to kiss her she pulled back.

"King Marcov, the 10th king, he was declared Heir by the Queen then, the wife of the king, his father." She told him.

" Yes... But the king was alive back then, he was just crippled because of an accident." She smirks and kissed him.

" Exactly... That's my plan." Alastair tried to deepen the kiss but she placed her hand against his neck.

" Do you get me now?" He nods finally understanding where her plan is going.

" You might as well asked for the help of his soon to be wife, it turns out your were right... She was sent here with a purpose." He pulled away from her giving her the space he knows she needed.