Chapter 1

Chapter 1

6:30 a.m.

Waking up to the sound of my alarm is not how I wanted to start my Saturday morning. Groaning, I climb out the comfort of my blankets and roll out of my bed before turning my alarm clock off and getting dressed.

Putting on a pair of underwear and bra, a pair of dark blue jeans, a slight tanish knitted sweater, and some black socks before putting on my white and black checkered converse before putting on my black gloves.

Looking in my body mirror to see if I look decent, i nod my head before grabbing my bag and walking out of my room. Going down the stairs, I see my father sitting at the small dining table in the nasty ugly colored kitchen.

"Oh. Nova. I got news that your big sister is going to live with us in a few days." He said. Sister? Oh yeah. Beena. Oh, no. That's not it. Isabella. Yeah that's it. I don't remember her much. Last time I checked, I think she hated me.

Nodding my head at my dad. I open the fridge and grab a nice cold water bottle before waving at my dad bye before walking out the back door.

Your probably wondering why I'm not going to school which I will tell you soon but I am walking through the forest because I always loved nature.

Now the reason why I'm not in school is because I already graduated. It was weird cause I could high school work in elementary school and college work in middle school. So all in all, I only did four years of school and four different grade levels.

(Might not be possible but who cares. Not your book. Don't judge.)

Anyways, it still might be early but we did get new comers to town which is rare cause not a lot of people like the could and nature, or rain.

Oh shoot. I forgot to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Nova, my full name is Niva Galaway Swan and I moved in with my father three weeks ago. He's cool and really laid back though we do try to spend time with eachother but with our jobs it gets quite complicated. My father's the chief of police of the town and I'm an ice skating tutor.

I help the young ones skate on the ice when their parents can't. I don't get payed much but it's enough to help my father with the house bills and keeping fresh food in the fridge and freezer. A few years ago, I was left at a market all by myself when someone called the police and they took me to an orphanage. My supposed mother never liked me according to my father.

He told me how my mother was sent to jail for child abandonment, child abuse, child neglect, and she was also charged with child abuse for 30 and 2 children molesters.

My mother used her new husband for his money to hire whoever could adopt me to abuse me and hurt me as kuch as they wanted until I was taken from and she even hired a random guy who did something that shouldn't be allowed to the people who did the bad things he did to a child. She hired two men to r@pe me.

She was sentences to prison for 18 years but she got bailed out somehow and lived her life. Isabella, well I found out that she didn't like me much but we are still okay. We're not all buddy buddy but we are still you know aquances.

;) ;) ;)

After walking off the path to the ice shaking rank. I walk inside the building and towards the staff room behind the counter and put my stuff in my locker.

After changing intonmy skating outfit, I walk out of the staff room and towards the rank to see a few students waiting with their parents. Sitting on a bench, I take my shoes off and put my skates on.

 Sitting on a bench, I take my shoes off and put my skates on

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

◇◇◇

After putting on her skates, Nova slowly yet carefully slid onto the ice before helping the little kids who are waiting to be taught how to skate.

"Okay. Do you guys remember what we learned last time?" She asked the kids. Some of them nodded while the others looked down. The smile never left Niva's face as she gathered up the kids who remembered their last lesson before sending a few other tutors for then while she tutored the ones who didn't remember.

"Okay. For you guys who don't remember. We will do the lesson over and over again until you do remember. Now whatever you do, the only important rules your have to remember on the rink are: Be careful, be safe, do your time, and most importantly, have fun." She said, causing smiles to appear on the kids faces. "Okay. Let's go." She said.

♡♡♡

After ten hours of teaching kids lessons, I packed my things, changed my clothes, and headed home. Walking through the back door, I take my things up to my room before grabbing a pair of clothes and going to the bathroom and taking a quick shower.

After getting changed into new clothes, I walk out of the bathroom and throw my dirty clothes in my dirty bin next to my bedroom door before walking downstairs and to the kitchen.

Getting things out ingredients, I start making Asada Nachos with a taco salad. While that was cooking I sat at the small dining table and started reading a book.

◇◇◇

Walking through the front door, Charlie noticed how quiet it was in the house. Emptying out his gun and putting it in the entryway closet, he hung up his uniform jacket next to the door before walking inside the kitchen to see his youngest daughter sitting at the table so engrossed in her book.

Clearing his throat, Nova looked up from her book to see her father standing in the entrance of the kitchen. "I didn't know you were home." He said.

Shrugging her shoulders, she gets up after putting a bookmark in her book before going to the stove and setting up a plate for Charlie and her before setting then on the table.

"So, Bella's coming tomorrow." He said, sitting at the table. "I thought she was coming back in a few days." Nova asked. Charlie sighs shaking his head. "She wants to move here as soon as possible so her mother can travel with her new husband." He said.

"Okay. I'll get everything ready." She said, finishing her plate. Washing her dishes and putting the leftovers in the fridge, she said her goodnight before going to bed.