0.7| 𝒟𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝒽𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇

-🌹-

'What the hell are we supposed to do?' John demanded as the two of them hurried themselves into a side room before anyone thought to question just why they were even there.

Chloé running a hand through her hair as her mind and heart raced, surging with a flood of panic filled thoughts. She'd expected it to go at least a little wrong, she hadn't been stupid enough to think everything would go exactly according to Oliver's plans.

She hadn't thought things would blow up in her face this fast however.

She took a shaky breath. 'Nothing.' She answered, John staring at as though she'd lost her mind and she raised a hand. 'There's nothing we can do right now. Odds are the cops will be looking into anyone Oliver's been seen or had contact with over the past few weeks. We cannot-' she gestured back and forth between the two of them '-draw attention to ourselves. For the time being, all we can do to help Oliver is act like we don't know anything.'

John huffing as he ran a hand over his face, pacing in a circle.

'Right.' He nodded, biting on his tongue. 'Business as usual.'

Chloé giving a hum, grip on her cane growing tight as her leg began to ache with a dull throbbing pain.

'Christ, what have we stepped in?' She breathed yet despite all her worries, despite the fear, it seemed only to strengthen her resolve.

Perhaps it was a signal she'd made a mistake. Or just bad luck. Perhaps, both.

Either way, there was little she could do about it now. But it wasn't as though it was a difficult thing to connect, she just hoped that Oliver had a plan for this eventuality, that he was smart enough to know somebody would have figured it out sooner or later.

With a nod to John, they snuck out of the room. And despite everything that was going on, Chloé simply went to work.

Like it was any other day.

Cautious of every sideways glance and whisper, even more so than usual. And despite her attempts to push it all down, it still continued to buzz about in her head. What would Oliver say? Did he even have a plan?

Or was it already all over before it had even began?

So much for feeling useful again.

All she'd gotten herself was more paranoid and stuck with the ever familiar feeling of being able to do nothing but stand by.

In an effort to occupy her mind, she began on the paperwork that had amassed in her absence. After completing that, she headed to the Emergency Room to check in, finding that in her absence things had kept running remarkably smoothly.

Luckily for Oliver, she'd spent years having to act the part. Hiding all her lies and pain behind a perfect smile.

Chloé felt like her head was going to explode. She could barely focus on the maths book in front of her face, let alone the droning voice of her maths teacher or the grumbling and groaning of the rest of her class as he announced something. Probably a test or exam.

Rubbing at her eyes as the light seemed to pierce straight into the back of her acheing head. She'd known it was going to be bad, but she hadn't thought it would be this bad. It had only been two days since Théo decided he'd take matters into his own hands again and flushed all he drugs down the toilet.

So far she'd held of on calling Angel for more. It was taking all the strength she had from her and only because she knew she had to be there for Théo and Liliane. She couldn't let what happened happen again. But if it did there was little she could do to stop it.