0.8| 𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒸𝑒

-🌹-

Descending down upon the dark rusted steps of the Queen Steel Factory, Chloé was met with the cold smell of copper and steel, a heavy dampness clinging to the air as her and John walked into the darkness.

This time she took in her surroundings, last time she'd been so focused upon saving John's life as well as Oliver's great reveal the last thing she'd though to think about was her surroundings.

As John flipped on the old light switch a buzz began to hum through out the air and the lights whirred to life, illuminating everything around them.

Allowing them to truly take everything in, making everything that had happened to the over the past few days, ever since Oliver's return finally come in to reality. Chloé giving a whistle as she took it all in.

The array of arrows and other such things which lay in neat order upon a wood table, John giving a sharp hiss as he poked the tip of one cutting into his finger, Chloé raising her brows at him. The dark green crate in the corner which housed his bow, the large metal drawers likely holding tools as well as medical supplies if Chloé was remembering right. The electrical tools and likely things he used to make or sharpen his arrows tucked away in the corner. Upon a desk at the end of the room a computer in front of it a large black case.

Flipping it open, they saw inside three separate small black round devices, hesitantly John picked one up as Chloé sat down, he gave it a gentle tap and it began to emit a beeping noise, John gave a chuckle.

'They're tracking devices.' Chloé realized, as John looked it over.

'Oh, that's sweet.' He hummed, Chloé shaking her head as she looked around the room.

'How did he even get his hands on all of this shit?' She questioned wryly.

John giving a shrug as he chuckled placing the device back in it's case. 'Hell if I know.' He murmured, grabbing the case. 'Guess it pays to have money.'

Chloé giving a huff as she stood herself up, barely managing to catch herself as she stumbled.

John frowning as he moved to help, 'You alright?' Chloé raising her hand to signal she was fine as she straightened herself out.

'Fine.' She dismissed, doing all that she could to ignore the burning white-hot pain in her leg as well as the shake to her hands, gripping her cane so tight it turned her knuckles turned white. John looking at her skeptically, Chloé giving a sigh, 'Just my bloody leg.'

'Not what I meant.' John corrected, Chloé frowning as he gave her that stern disapproving look of his. 'You've been acting.. off pretty much all day, what's going on?' Chloé couldn't help but scoff gesturing around.

'You mean, aside from all this? You nearly dying? Finding out that Oliver is not only 'The Hood' but knows pretty much everything about me.' She listed off as she shifted upon her feet, John giving an understanding nod.

'Yeah there's that, but it just seems like there's something bothering you. Has been for a while.' He stated, Chloé giving a huff as she ran a hand over her face. First it was Oliver, then it was Dr Williams and now John as well.

Maybe she wasn't as good at lying as she'd thought she was. Or maybe after so long her mask was finally beginning to crack.

'Care to talk about it? Or you good to keep acting like it's all just fine?' John questioned, Chloé's head snapping towards him and she gave a slight scowl.

'It is fine.' She declared firmly, desperate to convince him. Herself. Hoping that if she just said it enough times, if enough people believed it, then she would too and things would get better, easier. John raised his brows skeptically, stepping closer.