Part 4

It must be days before the door opens again, a man walking in. I keep my eyes downcast as he makes his way down the stairs, his eyes taking us all in. The people who captured us haven't been down here at all, leaving us all to starve. I can't meet anyone's eyes, this is all my fault. I was the one who convinced them to follow me, believing in a stupid dream that I knew couldn't possibly be real.

I look up as the man passes me, watching as he takes everybody in. He stops at Ryker, a surprised look on his face. "You're only a child." His hand reaches up, ready to touch Ryker.

"If you touch him, that will be the last time you ever use that hand." The threat slips from my mouth before I can stop it, my eyes quickly going to the floor once again.

I hear laughter before he begins to make his way towards me, his footsteps echoing loudly throughout this dungeon. He stops when he's only a foot away from me, his brown boots coming into view. "What did you just say to me?" His voice has a trace of humor in it, he finds what I said funny.

Anger threatens to overtake my body, I look up meeting his steel grey eyes. "I sa-" The words are caught in my throat, my heart racing.

The smile is quickly wiped from his face, his eyes glazing over. I take this time to admire him as the tingles overtake my anger. He's handsome, dark brown hair and steel grey eyes that keep me rooted to my place. He looks as if he could be a model, a toned body with abs peaking out from the bottom of his shirt. So this is my mate.

We stand there staring at each other for what seems like forever before he reaches up, his thumb gliding across my cheek. "Mate." The word is growled out, anger overcoming his features as he looks at the chains that keep me shackled to the wall. He is not happy with the treatment of me.

His eyes glaze over again and it's only seconds later does the door open, the man who put me here running down the steps. "I am so sorry, Alpha. I didn't know." He's pleading, scared of the punishment this Alpha could inflict on him.

My focus is on this pleading male as he unlocks my cuffs, my sight going to the finger he used touch me last time he was down here. My wolf takes the lead, a claw coming out to severe that finger. He drops, clutching his bleeding finger as I stand over him smiling in satisfaction. The wolf is happy with our actions, choosing to retreat to the back of my mind.

My mate looks down at his packmate before looking back at me, amusement in his eyes. "My mate has a temper." Surprise fills me, he's not mad about what I did to his pack member. I stand tall, my eyes meeting his. Power radiates between the two of us and I look around to see my people all have their heads bent, unable to lift them because their wolves are submitting to the higher power. "You're born from Alpha blood." It's not a question, he's simply stating the obvious.

"Yes." I keep my tone cold.

"Why'd you surrender?" He's asking me questions as he releases my pack members from their restraints.

"They were going to kill Ryker." I look at the thirteen year old boy as he runs to me, hiding slightly behind me.

"So?" His tone is casual, he would've let Ryker die if he was in my position.

"I don't abandon my pack members." I bare my teeth at him.

He laughs at my disrespect. "This is not a pack." He looks around, looking each of us in the eye until his eyes meet mine again. "Come on."

We follow him up the stairs with Ryker still holding onto my arm tightly. I've been teaching him how to be brave but he's only a child. When he told me why he was banished from his pack I was angry. Although he shouldn't have stolen, that is barely a reason to banish a child.

I look at my mates back as we follow him out of the house. He's silent, not telling us where we're going as we walk through his pack grounds, his pack members staring at us with looks of disgust. We're rogues, outsiders, a threat to their lives. But what they don't realize is we don't like to hurt people unless provoked. They stand there judging us without knowing us.

We stop in front of a large cabin, my mate turning to look at me. "This is where you'll be staying. The rest of you will have to leave my pack."

Ryker gasps, his nails digging into my arm slightly. I glare at my mate. "We're all leaving, I'm not staying with you."

My mate looks amused, a small laugh coming from his mouth. "You're my mate, you will become this packs Luna." He says it as a command, the Alpha tone coming out that makes any wolf obey his orders. Too bad for him, I'm not an ordinary wolf.

"I wasn't born to be Luna." The words are spit out, the anger clear in my tone.

"You were born an Alpha but you will be this packs Luna." We stand there staring each other in the eyes for a moment before his glaze over. He's mindlinking someone.

I'm not going to leave my people, I have become a leader to them, someone they can depend on. I wasn't born to be a Luna, I was born to be an Alpha. I won't let him turn me into something I'm not, my wolf and I won't allow it. We fill fight him every step of the way if we have to.

It's with quick movements does my mate grab Ryker, pulling him out from behind me. He holds a single claw to the young boys neck who whimpers slightly. "You might care about his life but I don't, I have no problem ending him easily." A growl tears from my throat at his threat, why does everybody want to hurt Ryker? Two people appear from the trees, one of them holding a pair of silver cuffs. I take a step away from them, growling. "Put them on or he dies."

Hesitantly I hold out my hands, grimacing as they lock the cuffs around my wrist. This is to prevent me from shifting. "Don't hurt him."

"Go inside with them now." My mate orders.

I look around at everybody, Theo nodding in a way that tells me to go. I nod towards them, a sad look passing all of their faces. A part of me wants to hug them but I need to stay strong, now is not the time to show weakness.

Turning my head to look at the cabin, I follow them into the house.