Part 6

It's been a few days since Elias forced me into the cabin and I'm not allowed to leave, Emma and Noah watching my every move. Emma had gone into town a few days ago to pick me up some clothes and toiletries. She was so excited when she came back and I soon found out why. On top of all of the clothes and toiletries she bought a set of black lingerie, telling me it's for when Elias and I finally get together.

I growled at the offending clothing, choosing to throw it in the back of the drawer. Elias and I would not be getting together anytime soon, maybe not ever. I was still planning my escape although my plan was not working very well, Elias was choosing to stay away from me. Although I don't want him, I can't help but feel a pang of hurt at the thought of him not wanting to be around me.

I've been trapped in this house for days and I've been going crazy, my wolf wanting to come out and go for a run. Only once did I try to break the cuffs, stopping immediately when it started feeling as if my body was burning from the inside out. I will forever bare the scars of these cuffs on my wrist, the silver searing my skin.

A knock on the bedroom door has me turning my head to see Emma standing in my doorway. She wears a yellow flower dress which compliments her blonde hair. "Alpha Elias has given me permission to take you outside today."

"What am I, a dog?" Her smile drops slightly at my words before it reappears.

"Well, technically-" She begins.

"Don't finish that sentence." I laugh lightly and her smile gets bigger as she hears it. I like Emma, although I don't trust anybody, I could see Emma becoming a friend of sorts. I just don't want to get close to anybody because I still am leaving. I just need them to think I'm becoming happy here so they'll take these cuffs off.

The wolf is not happy with his treatment of us, she doesn't understand why he's reacting this way. Mates are not supposed to hurt each other, it's supposed to be love at first sight. Yet he slapped these cuffs on us, unconcerned of the consequences this will have on my skin.

Getting up from the bed, I follow her out of the room and out of the cabin, Noah waving at us as we leave. I take a deep breath, allowing the fresh air to fill my lungs with a sigh of relief. I've missed being outside, I miss being able to run through the forest as I please. I look at the forest. wanting badly to be able to shift and run into it. Emma frowns as she follows my line of sight.

I notice as we walk that there are pack members staring at me, all of them whispering quietly to each other. "Do they know about me?"

"They've been informed of your presence. They've been told not to talk to you until you're ready but they are curious." Emma says as she stares at one of her pack members who can't look away from me. "Children are the most curious."

It's a little girl with red hair, she wears a small smile and a look of curiosity. My feet begin to move towards her before I can stop them, I've always had a soft spot for children. She giggles as I approach, nervously shuffling her feet.

"Hi, sweetheart. What's your name?" I keep my tone soft, not wanting to scare her off. I've only ever used this tone on Ryker to comfort him and it has always worked.

The little girl giggles again, her eyes going to the floor. "Anna." She looks up again, her eyes meeting mine. "Are you going to be our new Luna? My mommy says you are." She's very bold, her eyes demanding an answer from me.

I need everyone to trust me, to think I'm fitting in here. "Yes, sweetheart." Emma smiles.

"Do you want to be friends?" Anna asks with her hands on her hips.

"Of course I'll be your friend." I shake her little hand, a genuine smile making its way onto my face as I look at this young child. I've always had a soft spot for children ever since I found Ryker.

"I've got to get back to my friends but now I can tell them I'm friends with a Luna! I'm so excited." She's practically jumping for joy as she pulls me in for a hug before running back to her friends who are looking on curiously. I take a moment to watch them as Anna tells them about our interaction, all of them squealing in excitement for her.

"That was really sweet." Emma praises me, a huge smile on her face.

"I've always loved children." I think back to Ryker, a sad smile making it's way onto my face.

"That little boy that you got captured with, how did you guys find each other?" She's curious.

Do I want to tell her a little about my rogue life? About how I met Ryker? I don't want to get close to her but it would be nice to have someone to talk to for my stay here. Telling her won't change any of my plans or hurt me.

I take a deep breath before I speak. "As you know, Ryker is only thirteen. We were out for a hunt one night when we stumbled upon him in wolf form. He was only a baby wolf, about a quarter of the size of mine." I pause as the words begin to get stuck in my throat. "He was terrified we would hurt him until we shared some of the meat with him, showing him he could trust us. When he shifted we were going to bring him back to his pack until he told us he was exiled."

"At thirteen? What could he have done that was so bad?" She's appalled by my story.

"They caught him stealing medicine to bring back to his sick mother."

"So they exiled him? What kind of Alpha would do something like that?"

"Sometimes people are just cruel."