Part 5

I'm restless, growling occasionally at the two people who got lucky enough to babysit me. They tried to talk to me at one point but I was not having it, sending a threatening growl their way. These cuffs were made for a common pack member, not an Alpha. I can't shift but I can still feel her sending me her strength and her anger.

From the two hours that I've sat in the house with these two, I learned that they are mates. The man growls at me every time I growl at her, earning a smack to the back of his head. My wolf wants to come out and show him who's boss but she's unable to right now, lucky him.

The bedroom door opens, the girl walking in with a tray of food in her hands. Her blonde hair sways behind her as she walks up to the bed, a small smile on her face. She sits the tray down next to me, offering a look of sympathy. "Look, I know you don't want to be here but I promise you it's not as bad as you think it is. Alpha Elias is a good guy."

Elias. I repeat the name in my head, testing it out. This is my mates name, the man the moon goddess paired me with. He had acted so indifferent towards me though, I was under the impression that once mates find each other it's like your world shifts and they're the only person you see. Yet he treated me as if I was just another one of his pack members.

I had adjusted to the rogue life, not really remembering what it's like to be a part of a pack. Do I want to be a part of another one? Now that answer I'm not so sure of.

"Is that why he threatened to kill Ryker? A child? Because he's so kind?" My words hold venom to them.

She flinches. "I know he's not the most practical in his ways but he is a good Alpha, you will come to see it eventually." She holds her hand out for me to shake but I don't take it. "I'm Emma by the way."

"I don't care who you are, I won't be here for long." I'm going to find a way to escape, to get back to my people if Elias hasn't already killed them. I wouldn't put it past him, his threat still fresh in my mind.

She puts her hand on my arm, squeezing it gently. "No one can resist a mates pull, not you, not him. I hope you can be happy here." She gets up from the bed, offering me another smile before she makes her way to the door.

"Emma?" Surprised, she turns her head to look at me. "My names Arya."

**************************************************************************************

Waking up to the cabin door opening, I hear talking coming from downstairs. It sounds like Elias, he's talking to the couple, probably about me. I hope he doesn't come upstairs, I hope he leaves. I don't want to see him right now.

My prayers are not answered as I hear heavy footsteps on the stairs before my door opened. "Don't you have any sense of privacy." The words are hissed out as he takes a step into the room, his eyes running down my body.

"This is my room." They put me in his room? Out of all places, they put me here? I glare at his back as I watch him shuffle through his drawers, pulling out two shorts and two pairs of sweatpants. He throws me one of the sets of clothes and keeps the other for him. "You can wear these until we can get you some of your own clothes. I'm sending Emma into town tomorrow to shop for you so make sure you tell her your sizes." Trying to think of what size shirt and pants I wear, my mind comes up blank. "You don't know what your sizes are?"

Feeling my cheeks turn red, embarrassment fills me. I don't say anything, my silence is enough of an answer. Being a rogue, I never had any money to buy myself things like clothes. We usually steal clothes from cars in town and that's a rarity, only ever going when we desperately need them. We never had any use for money, always relying on our wolves to get us by.

He takes a step closer to the bed, his eyes searching mine. "If there's anything else you need let Emma know before she leaves for town tomorrow." He hesitates for a moment, seeming as if he wants to say something but he keeps his mouth shut, heading for the bathroom.

Intrusive thoughts fill my mind as I hear the shower turn on, my wolf wanting me to go in there and join him. I stay glued to my seat, I refuse to go in there. My mind drifts back to Emma's words last night and how she told me she hoped I could be happy here. Could I be happy here? I know no one and I don't trust my mate. Maybe I can get him to trust me enough to get these cuffs off and then I can escape. I need to find my friends, they're probably long gone by now.

If I escape and I don't manage to find them, I will be alone again. I've been alone for so long, trapped inside my own mind, never letting anyone in. I didn't realize this until we got kidnapped but my group became my friends a long time ago, the anger and mistrust just never let me see it. I would die for any of them, protect them until my last breath. Now they're alone again, having only each other to rely on. I hope they're okay.

The bathroom door opens and a freshly showered Elias walks out of the bathroom. His hair is still wet and I find myself watching the falling bead of water as it makes its way down his chest. When I look back up he's smiling smugly, enjoying my reaction to him.

"Like what you see?"