-- That Loud Crash That Gets Everybody's Attention --

-- UZI --

I paced my room anxiously while watching the clock. It was near midnight, and I was almost ready to go meet with N. A knock on my door made me dive under the sheets of my bed to pretend I was sleeping. My dad, Khan, opened the door. "Hey Uzi, just to let you know we're going to a WDF meeting near your old school. Do you want to come?" He informed. I shook my head. "No, I'm good." I said. "Alright. Good night." Dad says and he closes the door.

I sigh in relief and throw on my jacket and beanie. I open my window and slip outside, making sure it's only a slim open so I can get back inside easily. The snow crunches under my boots as I walk towards the pine trees that surrounded my fort, and slipped through the bramble quickly.

I noticed N was sitting outside the fort, near the pond. It seemed like he drifted asleep, because he had his wings wrapped around him and I could hear his soft breaths. I didn't want to wake him up, but if he slept some more, I was sure he'd teeter off balance and dunk himself in the pond. I tapped on N's wings gently, and he opened them up.

"Oh, hey Uzi. I just dozed off a bit." He said, yawning and baring his fangs. As much as it would've been a scary sight to most Worker Drones, I smiled and sat next to him. He smiled back and pulled me closer with one of his wings. I stared at the moon reflecting off the pond as it was silent for a moment. Then I spoke up.

"Well, how was your day, N?" I asked. "Pretty good! I managed to find some Worker Drone strolling around and I decided to eat him. A little weird, but, y'know I got to survive somehow!" N said, laughing drily at the last sentence. I snickered back.

"And how was your day?" He asked me. I shrugged. "Pretty much the same as yesterday; just woke up and walked around the colony building cause I was bored. Nothing much going on." I said, shifting my position to a more comfortable one. "Well, I'm not sure what to do. Maybe we can-" N started to say, and then a loud crash that pierced through the air interrupted him.

Smoke rose into the air, and I looked at it worriedly. N matched my expression, then looked at me. "Should we go investigate?" He asked. I nodded and he stretched his wings and crouched, letting me climb onto him. I sat on his shoulders and held tight to them while he flew through the sky, getting closer to the crash site. A couple Worker Drones were already there investigating. I signaled N to land at a tree so we don't make ourselves visible.

"What's going on down there?" I muttered curiously. I could faintly see a short figure step out the rubble, which appeared to be a landing pod of some sort. The figure was another Worker Drone, but she had weird clothing styled like a sort of maid outfit. Her movement was wobbly and she didn't talk to anybody except stare at them. Her voice was faint from where I could hear, but she worded her actions, which was strange. All I could hear was: "Light wave, hello." and then she stepped back into the shadows of her pod.

N's eyes widened with fear. I was a bit scared too, since I had no idea who this was. His voice stuttered, and he muttered: "Cyn.. she's h-here, and she's alive. Alive.." with genuine fear in his voice. I tilted my head, confused. Who was Cyn? All I heard of her was a quote V said at Camp 98.7..

"New body, same horrors, huh, Cyn?" V had said when fighting me in my Solver form. I remember my hand being sliced off, but it quickly grew back. I remember stuttering painfully: "I don't know who that is.." and we fought some more.

I turned to N, who was almost stuttering and sobbing to himself. I rested one of my hands on his shoulder, and he turned his head to face me. "Who's Cyn?" I asked gently. He calmed down and explained. "Cyn was.. you could say a little sister to me when I was a Worker Drone at the Elliott Manor. A lot of the Elliotts disliked her, but she was pretty sweet and always had a sense of humor. She was the first v-victim of the Absolute Solver, and she's the reason Earth blew up."

I was shocked. That was Cyn.. the Worker Drone in the pod. The sun began to rise, and I heard N whimper in the pain the sun's rays brought him. We quickly flew to the pod, and I watched N go inside as I walked home myself.