-- Searching --

-- N --

I slipped into the shadows of the pod and watched Uzi go. J approached me with a concerned look. "Geez, what got you in such a worry?" She asked. I calmed myself down and spoke. "I saw Cyn, here, on Copper 9. She came in through a pod that crash landed near the Worker Drone colony." I said, shivering slightly. J's eyes widened in fear. "Here? I swore we destroyed her alongside the Absolute Solver. If she's really here, then what are we going to do? Did she get the Solver out of her system, like Doll, Uzi, and whoever that third Worker Drone was? Nori?" J said, waving her tail worriedly.

I nodded. "I'm sure we have to investigate. Maybe if we looked further into this, then we can unarm the situation-" I began to say, but J cut me off. "Are you kidding? This is Cyn we're talking about." She said, frowning. "Investigating is a good idea, but we're not going to approach her directly. I have an idea." She paced around the pod for a while, then stopped. She lifted up her left sleeve to reveal some sort of metallic band made of copper and bone. "I have this device that'll portray an image of any Drone, Worker or Disassembly. It's kinda like the device Eldritch me used."

I watched as she made a little image of a simple, innocent Worker Drone. It had brown hair and a green vest, and blue eyes. "I say we send this fella in to see how Cyn reacts. Will she attack it? I'm not sure, but we'll have to find out." J said. I thought for a bit, then nodded. "Sure. I'll lead you to the pod Cyn came in."

We flew towards Cyn's pod and landed close. J pulled out the Worker Drone image and made it tap on the pod door. We watched as Cyn opened the door. "Oh, hello. What are you doing here?" She asked. "I just wanted to see this crash up close. Didn't know there was another Worker Drone here." J made the image say. "Well, I pretty much understand your claim. If I were just a regular Worker Drone here and I saw something fall out the sky and crash, I'd totally investigate too."  Cyn said. "Well then, I better go. Nothing interesting here, right?" The image said, sheepishly smiling.

Cyn nodded. "Giggle, well then, bye. Hand wave, door closing." She said, and shut the door. The image flickered out as J covered up her band with her sleeve. We flew back to the pod and on the way, I asked a question. "So, that was a fail, right?" I flicked my wings slightly to catch up with J, who was speeding along in front of me. She sighed, and slowed down.

"Yeah, big flop. There was nothing important! Cyn didn't do anything, just talked and stuff. Like what the HECK?!" She complained, lashing her tail midair. I shrugged. "Well, maybe she's back to a regular life without the Solver. From what I can tell, that was her personality before YOU trapped her in the basement. She may have been defective, but I think you and Tessa were the reason she got infected in the first place, J."

J rolled her eyes. "She was creepy from the beginning. Seriously gave me chills the moment she stepped from behind Tessa and just stared at us." We landed outside the pod and went inside. "Well, we were probably seen as scary figures to her, because when we first saw her, you kicked me in the head and probably traumatized V."

We positioned ourselves in the usual sleeping pose and I tucked myself into my wings. I could hear J mutter to herself, "If Cyn's a threat, and N's killed, I'm a failure."