one

AGE: 16
WARNINGS: abuse, mentions of alcohol.
WORD COUNT: 1440

to live for the hope of it all

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Being a teenage girl is supposed to be fun, right? Well, I am experiencing the not so fun sides of being a teenage girl.

I am a 16 year old actress, and I'm currently shooting a movie about the folklore love triangle. With Taylor Swift herself directing it!

I have been a swiftie ever since Red (Taylor's Version) has been released, so getting to see her on set every day is something I only every dreamed of.

Honestly, my home situation is not great. My mother is always drunk, throwing parties at the house and sleeping with god knows how many men. She doesn't seem to care about me at all, so most of the time I'm in my room learning my lines, or simply rotting away in my bed.

Every morning i have to quite literally drag her out of bed to drive me to set. It's not pleasant at all. Most of the time she yells in my face how annoying I am. To be honest, she should be grateful I even have to job.

My mother quit her job the second I started making enough money to provide the two of us. Most of it is being wasted to feed her addiction.

⋆。°✩

My alarm wakes me up, it reads 6:45am. I get up and get dressed for the day. I have quite a busy day shooting ahead of me, so I get in the kitchen to make myself some breakfast before my mom sees me and tells me off for eating.

She's always told me no one wants to hire fat, ugly girls. She practically starves me, but who am I to judge when she's basically speaking the truth.

I finish eating and clean the kitchen up. The house is still a mess from the party that had been thrown last night. I make my way to my moms bedroom, and prepare myself for whatever hellfire is about to rain down on me.

I shake my mom awake. "Mom, please get up you have to drive me to set. Do you want any breakfast?" I tell her.

She wakes up slowly, I can smell the alcohol on her breath. "You little shit. How many times do I have to tell you to just simply catch the bus?" She yells as she sits up.

"You know there's no buses going around this time, Mom. Please just get up, we have to leave in 15 minutes." I say, trying to stay calm.

I turn around to walk out of the room, but she suddenly grabs my hair and pulls me back. She slaps me right across my face, and goddamn that hurts. I cover my face with my hands and try to even my breathing so I won't start crying, since I simply don't want to give her the satisfaction but also because I don't have time for this.

"15 minutes, Mom." I remind her as she gets up to get dressed.

After 20 minutes, and a lot of yelling later, we made it to the car.

We arrive at set just half an hour later. I open the car door, but my mom grabs my wrist to hold me back. "You're walking home when you finish. And stop by the shops to get me a six pack of beers, will you?" She speaks.

"Sure, bye." I say as I walk away from the car and to the gate. I grab my keycard out of my pocket, and make my way in.

I greet my friends, they seem awfully energetic at this time of day.

"What happened to your face?" April, the girl who plays Inez, asks. Shit, I totally forgot about that.

"I walked into a door this morning, I was like half asleep" I say, faking a laugh.